Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Sorry for the cryptic title, but you can only fit so much in there, apparently.

What I'm talking about is this:

[Linked Image]

Basically I'm trying to get some semblance of mod functionality, editing the recipes of the Enhanced Edition, but this pops up and it's just no-go.

Strangely, it has no issues with me unpacking Textures.pak into /Data/ and just killing the Textures.pak file; it'll load whatever changes I make just fine, straight from the folder(s).

But if I extract Main.pak into /Data/ and kill the Main.pak file, this happens. Why is this functionality even in the Enhanced Edition, especially after it caused issues with the original game?

In what way would it not have sufficed to have a pop-up telling you that the files of the game has been changed, and that it may cause multiplayer incompatibilities unless you play with people that have made the exact same changes?

Edit: Alright, so, I tried anyway, and apparently the message is bullshit. Using Direct Connect, it seems to be completely bypassed anyway. I didn't even install the changes to the one that was connecting to me, and I could still perform the recipes I added.

Now, other issues occurred, but not as a result of this. So it seems that this can be at least somewhat ignored.

Last edited by Luckmann; 30/12/15 10:59 AM.
F
journeyman
journeyman
F
Originally Posted by Luckmann
Sorry for the cryptic title, but you can only fit so much in there, apparently.

What I'm talking about is this:

[Linked Image]

Basically I'm trying to get some semblance of mod functionality, editing the recipes of the Enhanced Edition, but this pops up and it's just no-go.

Strangely, it has no issues with me unpacking Textures.pak into /Data/ and just killing the Textures.pak file; it'll load whatever changes I make just fine, straight from the folder(s).

But if I extract Main.pak into /Data/ and kill the Main.pak file, this happens. Why is this functionality even in the Enhanced Edition, especially after it caused issues with the original game?

In what way would it not have sufficed to have a pop-up telling you that the files of the game has been changed, and that it may cause multiplayer incompatibilities unless you play with people that have made the exact same changes?

Edit: Alright, so, I tried anyway, and apparently the message is bullshit. Using Direct Connect, it seems to be completely bypassed anyway. I didn't even install the changes to the one that was connecting to me, and I could still perform the recipes I added.

Now, other issues occurred, but not as a result of this. So it seems that this can be at least somewhat ignored.

Use a meta.lsx from the latest patched enhanced edition pak. That file has an MD5 hash specific to the patch. If the the hash doesn't match the current patch you'll get that error.

The error is meant as a catch-all to indicate something was changed with the main campaign. It won't cause you any issues if you're connecting to yourself, or if the changes made were clientside things. However if you change the map files around and these vary between client/host then it probably won't work.

enthusiast
enthusiast
@Foodchain if you don't mind (or anyone else for that matter), i am actually having a similar issue.. smile

I unpacked the .pak containing the skill requirements, kept --only-- the requirements.txt file, changed Lone Wolf and Glass Cannon so that they are once again compatible, and proceeded to adding said text file as an override, default .pak untouched. Modification works, but am getting the OP's warning with every session.
In order to avoid it, would i also need to extract meta.lsx? Am asking because contrary to the OP, i have neither removed nor altered any pack. It's why i said override, the text file is just on its own; obviously in the correct data path. Got many other modifications done this way (ie as overrides) and have never come across this warning before. If it matters, am on GOG, not on Steam. No invalidation issues.

If yes, what do i do? Just extract the .lsx and dump it in the correct data path?

edit: tried it, didn't work.. Halp please ^^

Last edited by Aenra; 01/01/16 10:18 PM.

Pride, honour and purity
old hand
old hand
It's just a warning. Maybe if you pack the mod and activate in the mod menu, it will work. Can't remember where you have to put the packed file. Documents or something. Never got that quite working myself. Hopefully you can activate that in mid-game. Folder in the game data folder works well enough for me. Error is a just an extra box to tick. Only a bit annoying when you're closing and reopening the game to check your changes over and over again.

N
addict
addict
N
Mods folder works the same way it did on D:OS.
If you simply paste a package there without a meta.lsx, it'll overwrite the master files and *won't* show up in the mods menu.
If the package has a meta.lsx, it'll get a Mods entry. (you need this to add assets/globals/etc.)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32263228/dos/mods.jpg

enthusiast
enthusiast
Thanks a lot Norbyte and Baardvark smile

Yeah, i eventually figured as much (re: repacking with an original .lsx), just wanted to make sure i wasn't missing anything (often the case) or misunderstanding..
Like you said, it's just an extra tick, can live with it. Since it seems we will have the exact same limitations we had before in as far as modding modules are concerned, i guess that's just as well, lol

Last edited by Aenra; 03/01/16 10:39 PM.

Pride, honour and purity

Link Copied to Clipboard