Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Wondering if anyone figured out how to convert their DOS module into a playable EE module?

old hand
old hand
I don't think it's possible, sadly. At least not without the editor. I'm not entirely sure how things have changed, whether many items have new names in the code, the file structures are fundamentally different, or what. A cursory glances suggests it's not THAT different, but at the very least things like map keys and item names might be different.

Conceivably you could go through all the item/characters lsbs (or rather, .lsx versions of the lsbs) and find any differences between the original and the EE and manually update any changes there. Update old stat files with the new EE ones. And once the editor comes out, you'll probably be able to recompile the story code. But some things like terrain data might be hard or impossible to transfer to the EE, which is a bummer since terrain is rather important and hard/impossible to recreate.

If it's possible, it's probably going to be a pain.

Last edited by Baardvark; 30/01/16 11:31 PM.
old hand
old hand
I'm quite sure it would take more work to attempt converting a mod than to just remake it. At least when you remake it you'll have the option of using your scripts/dialog over again without much tweaking.

Then there's the nightmare of doing all the work and finding some horrible bug you can't overcome after doing all that work.

Larian obviously did it but they know the engine and have a whole team of people.

I've actually gotten my mod to load in the EE but all it will do is come up black.

Last edited by SniperHF; 31/01/16 02:42 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard