Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Was messing around the _Trade file, but with no sucess.

My goal is to force vendors to regenerate their stocks everytime you talk to them

journeyman
journeyman
Hello.

Can you try this code (have not tried myself)

Register the trader you want to regenerate in INIT section of some of your goals:

e.g DB_RegenTrader(CHARACTER_YourTrader)

In KB section add this code

IF
DialogStarted(_,_Inst)
AND
DB_DialogNPCs(_Inst,_Trader,_)
AND
DB_RegenTrader(_Trader)
AND
DB_DialogPlayers(_Inst,_Player,1)
THEN
GenTradeItems(_Player,_Trader);

Let me know if it worked

Cheers!

Last edited by Cadmus88; 24/03/16 09:52 AM.
R
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
OK, thanks, will try that!

R
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Not working. But i ust say im no modder, so....

old hand
old hand
Can you even alter the scripts in main at all and have any changes stick? I mean, you're modding the main scripts, rebuilding the story and reloading the level? And you've tried making your own goal (not using an existing one)? Hard to troubleshoot without knowing what you've done and also, without having the editor myself >.< Why Steam so slow.

journeyman
journeyman
Example:

INIT:
DB_RegenTrader(CHARACTER_CYS_FishSeller);

KB:
IF
DialogStarted(_Dialog,_Inst)
AND
DB_Dialogs(_Trader,_Dialog)
AND
DB_RegenTrader(_Trader)
THEN
DoGenTradeItems(CHARACTER_Player1,_Trader);

Can you try this? It works for me, but osiris is very dependent on how your goals are organized, so if it don't work I need to take a look at you story structure, to understand what is wrong.

Cheers!

R
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Thanks guys

Im away for easter, so when i return ill test these.

R
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Completely lost

Cant build the story in the editor, no changes applied

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Rospokadu
Completely lost

Cant build the story in the editor, no changes applied

The script Cadmus posted works for me. It both builds and regens the trader as intended.

So the error is probably related to something else.

Did you paste the KB: and INIT:? Because you don't need those, those are the locations where you paste each script.

Paste the line DB_RegenTrader(CHARACTER_CYS_FishSeller); in the top INIT section of the goal.

And paste the rest of it in the KB section.

Also with Cadmus's script you'll need to add a new DB for each trader you want to regen like that. So one DB for the fish seller, one for the potion vendor, etc etc.

R
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
I didnt add the INIT and KB

Im a newbie here, so i may need i step by step on this

Are u guys addin new goals or editing an existing one??

I do this on the "story" menu on the editor, then build the story

Btw, on a created mod

journeyman
journeyman
Hey, so you need to create a new goal, as described here http://larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=580698#Post580698

It need to be a goal that contains a game start event. To this goal you need dock a child goal, where code above need to be added. You need to add each trader you want to regen items in database in INIT section

Here is the example how it can be done

Goals.zip

R
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Working guys!!

Thx a lot!!

Any way to make these to work with an old savegame??

journeyman
journeyman
I think not. Story chages break savegames

R
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Everithing was running smooth until i ran into a savagame crash when trying to start a dialog with the traders i put into the RegenTrader

R
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Loaded an early savegame to test this. Started and ended the dialog with a trader registered to regen quite a few times and got the same crash. It seems there`s a set amount of times i can regen the traders stock. or is something related to memory in the savegame.

Support
Support

There is a maximum limit of 64k global items; after that the game runs out of handles for objects, and can crash when trading or generating loot. This should be changed in D:OS 2, but in the EE normally it takes a great deal of crafting and/or trading to reach this limit (I only know of one case, at a game time of just under 350 hours).

R
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Any way to check if my save reached that limit??

.dmp files??

R
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Also, everytime the game crashes, Steam updates the game before i can launch it again

Support
Support

I'll check if there is a way you could determine how many handles are in use.

If you disable Steam cloud support, does that get rid of the update? That can be done either globally (in the client click on the Steam menu and select Settings, and then Cloud) or just for this game (in the library right click Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition and select Properties, then switch to the Updates tab and check the Steam Cloud section).

For testing, you can exit out of the Steam client and start the game directly from the '..\SteamApps\common\Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition\Shipping\EoCApp.exe' program file. You would just be missing the Steamworks functions that way (achievement and playtime tracking, online lobby / Steam friend invites and cloud saves).

R
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Disabling the SteamCloud has solved the update issue.

Started a fresh game and tested how many times i could start a dialogue with Cylia the Enchantress before the game crashes.

She usually has 170-180 items in her inventory.

Counted 373 dialog starts (and inventory regen)
373 * 170 = 63.410

Pretty close to that 64k limit.

R
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Any way to edit the trader's inventory??

A
addict
addict
A
Trader inventories are defined in the TreasureTable.txt files as far as I know. Trader inventory = treasure = NPC inventory. Everything's for sale. So it should be possible to add items to trader inventories via story or char script as well.

My mods for DOS 1 EE: FasterAnimations - QuietDay - Samaritan
T
addict
addict
T
Originally Posted by Raze

There is a maximum limit of 64k global items; after that the game runs out of handles for objects.

Do handles become available for reuse when you call ItemHandleDelete(_handle)?

Support
Support

No, handles are not reused after being deleted. The handle is a combination of an index, which is reusable, and a usecounter, which is incremented each time it is assigned, so is always unique.

T
addict
addict
T
Thanks, so you basically cannot easily run out of handles if you keep creating and deleting items? Assuming the index and usecounter are both 16 bit numbers, that is (since that should result in a total of about 4 billion items).

Edit: at least if the usecounter is per index, rather than global for all indices. But if it is global, I don't understand its point, since you can just as well use every index once in that case (except if the idea is to use as few indices as possible?)

Last edited by Tinkerer; 20/04/16 04:34 PM.
Support
Support

Local itemhandles are only valid until the next game reload or level change. Global items (anything traded to a merchant becomes global) can run out of handles eventually.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard