Print Thread
#582854 22/06/16 02:02 AM
O
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
O
Hi folks,

Partner of a top-tier arachnophobe here (I'm talking full on panic attacks with tears and shakes). We love co-op games, but sadly 99% of fantasy titles contain our 8-legged pals.

I just recently picked up a copy of the Enhanced Edition from GOG.com, and was hoping to run the game with the Spiders 2 Trolls fix someone posted here way back in 2014.

Unfortunately, the mod doesn't seem to agree with this new engine, and I was hoping someone more savvy than me could either tell me how to get it running, or maybe throw together a revised version for other people in our predicament.

Thanks!

Last edited by OwlafBjorne; 22/06/16 02:21 AM.
A
addict
addict
A
I'm not 100% sure if the files are compatible with EE but the installation folder is different from Classic Version:
Unpack the ZIP folder to a location of your choice. Rename the 'public' folder to 'Public' and rename the 'Main' folder inside 'Public' to 'Shared'. Then just copy the 'Public' folder with all its subfolders into the 'Data' folder of your game. The files will be in the following locations:
... Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition\Data\Public\Shared\Assets\Characters\Animals\ and ...\Animals\Animals_Spider_ABC\
and ... Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition\Data\Public\Shared\Assets\Textures\Characters\Animals\

I hope that's enough to run it with EE!

EDIT: I checked the amount of files, comparing EE and Classic. Textures and models are identical, so there don't seem to be new spider models the Mod does not cover; but I can't ensure you that. That's not my field.
There are 19 new animations, so some animations might look strange with the replacing models (but will work, I guess).

My mods for DOS 1 EE: FasterAnimations - QuietDay - Samaritan
O
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
O
Just tried it out with the initial spider summon. Seems all good now. Thanks heaps! laugh

Link Copied to Clipboard