Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Arden Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
But I can't find it. I searched the forum but I didn't find an answer- apologies if this has been answered and I missed it.

When I use the terrain editor the first time in a level it works fine. I can build the base terrain, then raise/lower the ground and paint layers.

However, as soon as reload or save and quit and then come back, when I click on the "edit terrain" button, it no longer allows me to do any of those things. I even see the same layers I selected in the palette and they are all checked, but grayed out and I can't select them.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? I would really, really appreciate the help. Been looking forward to using the editor for a long time and this is killing me. Thanks in advance!

old hand
old hand
The main thing I remember that causes this is a missing folder structure:
Data\Editor\Mods\YOURMOD\Levels\YOUR LEVEL NAME

Usually there's a file file in there called Terrain_000.data (or 001,002, etc)

So the question is, why isn't that folder being generated? Assuming that's your issue anyway.

Are you certain you are using the EE editor and not the old classic one? Because the classic one used to have this problem.

First thing I would do is check your datapaths in Options>Preferences
Should be something like this:
EditorDataPath:
C:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition\Data\Editor\

GameDataPath:
C:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition\Data\

Second thing I would do is just go looking around the folder structure yourself and see if the folder ended up somewhere weird:
Data\Editor\Mods\YOURMOD\Levels\YOUR LEVEL NAME

Lastly, just to get it working again I think all you have to do is manually add the folder structure yourself if it's missing.
So just go to Data\Editor\Mods

And create the following folder tree:
YOURMOD\Levels\YOUR LEVEL NAME

Make sure you get the names exactly right. The YOURMOD name will look something like this with characters at the end:
A_Necromancer's_Crusade_7c57ebf1-6a07-47fc-99e7-8131a2d5ca05

If you don't know what yours is supposed to be, you can see it in the folder:
\Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition\Data\Mods

Should be exactly the same folder name as the one there.

A
Arden Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
That's exactly what it was. In the Larian Tutorial the guy literally says you can direct the EditorDataPath to where ever you want. So I made a desktop folder and directed it there. Once I changed it as you mentioned it now lets me edit after relogging.

Thanks a ton man!

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Arden
That's exactly what it was. In the Larian Tutorial the guy literally says you can direct the EditorDataPath to where ever you want. So I made a desktop folder and directed it there. Once I changed it as you mentioned it now lets me edit after relogging.

Thanks a ton man!

Was that from one of the old videos? Probably some other erroneous information in there so watch out for that.

A
Arden Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
It was from a 2014 vid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sz_BHdOmHdg

I've already found a couple things that aren't exactly right in this vid and I'm not very far into the process.

If you have links to better tutorial vids, please do link.

old hand
old hand
Unfortunately there aren't. The broad strokes should still be right but there will be little hitches here and there.

If you run into any more issues post them up though.

For example, in that vid it uses the old PRE-EE editor. And when you add terrain in the old version you had to type in the full terrain size 256x256 like in the video @ 9m 40s.

But in the current EE editor if you typed in 256 you would get a massive and unusable piece of terrain that might actually cause crashes. In the current editor you would just type in 1,2,3,4 and those numbers are mapped to sizes.

EDIT: oh and just one other tip about the forum, if you do a search make sure to set the date going back 3 years otherwise a lot of stuff won't show up.

Last edited by SniperHF; 10/07/16 08:45 PM.
A
Arden Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Roger that- thanks for the help/support. I love building stuff with these editors, but I know I'm going to run into issues. Having people help on a forum like this is invaluable.

Link Copied to Clipboard