Print Thread
#584073 12/08/16 11:53 PM
G
gpl Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
Hi. I am using Cheat Engine to reset my stats for my characters. One of my two mains had Lone Wolf spec'd. I reset all my points and took out lone wolf but I still can't pick up more than 3 characters in my party. I tried to spec it in and out again among other things but that only made it so my party is capped at two now with no lone wolf in.

Any idea on how to bypass/fix this bug?

old hand
old hand
If you do a proper respec at the homestead it should re-run the lonewolfcheck in the script. I'm not sure offhand if there's another way to trip it.

Support
Support

Do you have a save before the CheatEngine respec, or at least before re-learning Lone Wolf?

Can you use CheatEngine to re-learn Lone Wolf, then respec in-game? That should hopefully get the party limit increased properly.

F
enthusiast
enthusiast
F
I fear a 'proper respecc' will not help.

If party size went down even further after retaking and dropping the talent again, I don't see any chance but reloading a savegame that was done before any changes were made, and then do the 'proper respecc'.

It looks like that cheat engine thing actually managed to have the CharacterUnlockedTalent() handler called, which decreases max party size. If this was done a couple of times, the value of DB_CompMax() will be lower than 0, and if the handler kicks in on every taking of the talent, there is absolutely no other way than manually edit a savegame, because re-taking Lonewolf is necessary for the procedures that would increase max party size on respecc. If the talent is not present, those procedures are skipped.
If there was any way, to then bring DB_CompMax() back to 2 again, one still has to find a way to create a call to ProcCheckPartyState() which then would reset the "GEN_PartyFull" event. But the only way this procedure could be called would be by dismissing a companion, and with party size down to 2 (the players) there are no more companions to dismiss.

Although I do not know that cheat engine thing I think all those script authors should leave Lonewolf alone unless they also handle the whole story code as well, but my guess would be, they only manipulate character stats. Unfortunately this is not enough for Lone Wolf.

Support
Support

I was thinking if unlearning Lone Wolf using CheatEngine bypassed the proper scripts for the party size, re-learning it may, as well. It's worth a shot, anyway (if that wasn't how it was relearned before).

F
enthusiast
enthusiast
F
Originally Posted by Raze

I was thinking if unlearning Lone Wolf using CheatEngine bypassed the proper scripts for the party size, re-learning it may, as well. It's worth a shot, anyway (if that wasn't how it was relearned before).

You're right, it's worth a shot.
But if a save made shortly before all the manipulations existed, using that is definitely the easier way to go.

One problem is that it is hard to tell if a 'fix by respecc' worked because there is absolutely no visible indicator for it. Depending on how often Lonewolf was retaken ingame (not in CE, if that really bypassed scripts), the party size might have decreased so far that more than two respeccs would be necessary to 'fix' party size. Being able to hire again is the only indicator.

So:
- taking Lonewolf ingame reduces max party size by 1. every retaking with ingame methods reduces max party size. there is no check if a certain limit has been reached (which means it can go below 0 if external programs like CE manipulate variables the scripts expect to have exclusive access to)
- respecc with Moloch in the Homestead increases max party size by 1 if a character with Lonewolf respeccs. there is no check if a certain limit has been reached here as well
- losing Lonewolf without ingame scripts involved does not change max party size

Link Copied to Clipboard