Next Thread
Print Thread
C
CPS Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
Hello! So I've been playing around in the game files to try and bring an orc PC to life in my game. So far I've gotten it to a nearly playable condition and I'd be grateful if anyone could offer some tips on how to close the remaining gap.

Obviously, the creature models were not meant for use as PCs and are missing important functionalities as a result.

-Primary Issues-
The game relies on execution of use animations to perform tasks like lockpicking and loremaster identifying. As a result, these tasks are impossible with any model that lacks such animations, such as orcs.
There are certainly animations that could be recycled as the needed anims but I'm not sure how to attach them to the model so that the game would recognize them as the use animation for each task for the orc model.

-Secondary Issues-
The light that illuminates the immediate vicinity of PCs disappears when using other models, making it difficult to see in dark areas. I've figured out this is because the light is embedded into the skeleton of the PC models. Unfortunately I don't really know how I would edit the skeleton data of other models to add this element.
[Linked Image]

-Tertiary Issues-
Other animations are missing, but do not prevent actions from occurring, i.e. unsheathing weapons.
These could likely be rectified with the same methods.

old hand
old hand
Unfortunately I know nothing about modeling so I can't help you there.

For the light, I'm pretty sure you can attach a light to any Character at the very bottom of the sidebar.

There are quite a few threads on the forum about importing models though:
http://larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=578899&page=1

On the last page it mentions something about animations and importing them using Norbytes tool.

C
CPS Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
Yeah, with the mod the PC is still a PC and has the light "attached". However it doesn't appear ingame. I suspect the game just cannot figure out how to actually attach it without the bone in the skeleton and so doesn't add the light.

Thanks for the link! Gives me a few ideas on where to start solving those.

old hand
old hand
Have you tried adding a different light instead of the player specific light?

Link Copied to Clipboard