#586190 17/09/16 10:44 AM
T
Testad Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
T
Hi there again Larians.

Does it bother me alone that every NPC in the game are capable of casting spells? Almost every enemy I faced can cast different kinds of spells. It really bother me when a meat golem (a "Meat" Golem) can cast a fireball spell O_o.
And there are lot of examples that doesn't make any sense.
I get that you have made an incredible spell system with all that combinations and all. But to let everyone cast those spells does look like developers wants to "show off" that said system on every occasion. And its a bit too much imho.

Last edited by Testad; 17/09/16 10:46 AM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Testad
Hi there again Larians.

Does it bother me alone that every NPC in the game are capable of casting spells? Almost every enemy I faced can cast different kinds of spells. It really bother me when a meat golem (a "Meat" Golem) can cast a fireball spell O_o.
And there are lot of examples that doesn't make any sense.
I get that you have made an incredible spell system with all that combinations and all. But to let everyone cast those spells does look like developers wants to "show off" that said system on every occasion. And its a bit too much imho.

I also noticed that. I think it's weird because we come from a D&D-like tradition.

Well I don't think you are thinking about this in from a lore standpoint, which they may be. For example, the Meat Golem is clearly an intelligent enough creature and it may know magic of which lets it cast that spell, who knows what they did to that thing or what it was before it was a meat golem.

T
Testad Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
T
No no no guys u didn't get me. I'm not speaking about lore here. I'm speaking in a terms of NPCs abilities and ranks. Like why is every singe magister in Fort is capable of spellcasting? Isn't it suppose to be something unique to spellcasting classes? And isn't it suppose to make your fights different? Like for example fighting magisters you use tactic X, fighting decaying pyromancer (obviously spellcasting fire mage) tactic Z etc. I mean I don't mind spellcasting mage or witch, but an archer or a crocodile O_o? On top of that all of them uses AOE, that goes on top of your spells, so soon your battle turns to all weird fire-poison-cursed land where everyone including party members die. And its not lore I'm worried but an overall difficulty of the game. How interesting is a fight when you are always fighting a spellcasting NPCs? Im worried that it will come to "Ohhhhh s*** not another fireball\poison\nercofire\any other aoe PLEASE!!" requests in the forum. And we have such threads already.

Last edited by Testad; 17/09/16 08:54 PM.
veteran
veteran
Or a crocodile using magic. Unless it's a magic crocodile. Then it makes perfect sense.

T
Testad Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
T
Originally Posted by Dark_Ansem
Or a crocodile using magic. Unless it's a magic crocodile. Then it makes perfect sense.

Well in the universe where pets can talk its no surprise. But throwing a giant stone with them tails that on top of that covers the whole land in oil is a bit too much. Ok let them throw stones at us, but why oil? Just to make it more annoying? Oh btw they can teleport so they are a bit OP already. There are too much aoe spellcasting NPCs that's what I'm saying.

I'm tired of situations where "i just ****** shot myself" (cause there is oil, water, poison, curse everywhere) of course even then "my training took over" and I won the battle but not everyone is that lucky.

veteran
veteran
I was being sarcastic :P

T
Testad Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
T
I was being sarcastic :P

Sorry I didn't get it =)

Its a serious matter though.

Cause we understand that environmental effects are somehow a pinnacle of this game, but it needs a lot of balancing.

Last edited by Testad; 18/09/16 02:25 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
I don't mind almost everyone casting magic, as long as you don't shove a LOT of magic users into one encounter, and make them immune to things...like that poison frog encounters (seriously why are these things immune to stun).

T
Testad Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
T
Originally Posted by Damashi
I don't mind almost everyone casting magic, as long as you don't shove a LOT of magic users into one encounter, and make them immune to things...like that poison frog encounters (seriously why are these things immune to stun).

There are people who find it annoying in combat. Too much environmental effects.

I imagine the devs when they were creating this mobs:

-What is this mate?
-ohh these are crocodiles, giant, mean bastards!
-That's nice what can they do?
-ohh..what do you mean? they are crocodiles!
-I know I know, but what can they do?
-o_O ermmm... well they have these big jaws, when they bite they made you bleed and they cause some critical strikes.
-you know.... its a bit simple, mmmm.... what if they could teleport?
-Telep...whaaat?... but sir these are giant crocodiles, they have no casting animation.....
-well you are an expert aren't you?
-ehmm...yes...
-well then make them teleport! Ohhhh and make the throw giant stones with...ermmm.... OIL! ahahahaha.
-Stones???? but sir, they have no hands, to throw something you have to lift it first...and what did you mean by "oil" O_o?
- Your an expert, remember? Get to work!

And now we have it....-.-

I don't bother with lore at all, a like the game and I like the crocodiles =) just joking. But seriously some battles have too much aoe effects.

apprentice
apprentice
I do believe that some of the Enemys have...ill fitting spells, such as the common magister footsoldier being able to do phoenix strike, which looks like something that knights and up should do

enthusiast
enthusiast
Hey I will defend that crocodile encounter till my death XD. The idea that a crocodile swallowed a teleporter glove, and is now randomly teleporting uncontrollably everywhere is hilarious.

M
stranger
stranger
M

Other than the rock throwing, the crocodiles are not using magic. Only one of the crocodiles casts teleport, and the only reason he does is because of the gauntlets that give the teleport skill. This however brings up another issue, you get the skill from wearing them. So the crocodile was wearing the gauntlets?

Last edited by mortizar; 19/09/16 04:17 PM.
V
stranger
stranger
V
Maybe it's a two-way system, you get the ability from wearing the gloves. Or being worn by them

stranger
stranger
Divinity: Original Sin 2 is set in a High Fantasy setting where practically anyone can learn magic - so it would make sense that practically everyone is capable of some magical feats. I don't see a problem with this.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Mromson
Divinity: Original Sin 2 is set in a High Fantasy setting where practically anyone can learn magic - so it would make sense that practically everyone is capable of some magical feats. I don't see a problem with this.

High fantasy? really?

The first time I fought those crocodiles, one of them used Teleport, and I was like think

Then he threw his Crocodile Rock at me...

Seriously though, why are two-handed sword enemies and archer enemies casting spells at me? It's super annoying and creates way too many environmental surfaces smirk

Last edited by CharityDiary; 19/09/16 06:37 PM.
veteran
veteran
Crocodile ROCK LOL

Last edited by Dark_Ansem; 19/09/16 06:40 PM.
Crocodile ROCK LOL

It was perhaps the least-subtle reference ever!

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard