Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
First of all I'd like to say I haven't played the game at all beyond the 1st combat. However, I'm very picky and usually mod the games I play first before I play them. The main reason I bought the game is because of modding possibilities.

Reading this game guide on Steam http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=607492091
has given me some ideas about what I'd like to mod, based on what the author considered underpowered or overpowered.

I have 4 questions, for now.

On traits, I've successfully buffed the trait Obedient. However, I can't find the values in the txt files for the other traits.
For example, I want to increase the Pragmatic bonus to Crafting +2. How would I go about doing that? Is that value in the txt files at all? If not, which pak do I have to unpack?

Secondly, I'd also like to reduce the AP cost for going into Sneak mode in order to counteract the sneak nerf. I haven't yet found the way to do this.

Thirdly, I've downloaded the newest version of the ExportTool-v1.7.0, but I haven't found a guide on how to use it. When I try to unpack with it I only either encounter errors, or nothing comes out.
Here's a screenshot of it, although for some reason the forum doesn't display the image.
[img]https://i.sli.mg/FMBA1H.png[/img]

Lastly, I find that many times there are 2 different versions of a txt file in two different folders: Main and Shared. For example: two different Weapon.txt files. Which one should I edit, and why is the data separated into two files? I want to change the AP cost of all spears, but that data appears in both files. Do I have to change them both?

I've read a few modding guides, but they mainly have to do with the Editor, which I gather is more about editing the levels and maps and visual elements. I don't aim to do that. What I plan to change is mainly the skill/talent stats, the weapon stats, that kind of thing.

I'll post my further modding questions in this thread as I come across them, if it's not against the rules.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and thanks in advance.

Last edited by sjblack2014; 18/09/16 09:04 AM.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by sjblack2014

On traits, I've successfully buffed the trait Obedient. However, I can't find the values in the txt files for the other traits.
For example, I want to increase the Pragmatic bonus to Crafting +2. How would I go about doing that? Is that value in the txt files at all? If not, which pak do I have to unpack?

I don't know offhand but might be able to help you find it, where did you find Obedient to mod?

Secondly, I'd also like to reduce the AP cost for going into Sneak mode in order to counteract the sneak nerf. I haven't yet found the way to do this.

Hard-coded. The best you can do is script in bonuses to counter the nerf such as the mod scales did:
http://www.nexusmods.com/divinityoriginalsin/mods/68/?

Here's a screenshot of it, although for some reason the forum doesn't display the image.
[Linked Image]

I think you need to put the package you are extracting in the 2nd entry spot, and not the top. But I don't use that utility much. You might ask directly in the extractor thread as the creator of the tool pops by every now and then.

Lastly, I find that many times there are 2 different versions of a txt file in two different folders: Main and Shared. For example: two different Weapon.txt files. Which one should I edit, and why is the data separated into two files? I want to change the AP cost of all spears, but that data appears in both files. Do I have to change them both?

So think of shared as the underlying generic items and stats for the engine and main as the ones specifically for Divinity Original Sin.

Most likely you will have to mess with both since both are used in Original Sin.

I've read a few modding guides, but they mainly have to do with the Editor, which I gather is more about editing the levels and maps and visual elements. I don't aim to do that. What I plan to change is mainly the skill/talent stats, the weapon stats, that kind of thing.

Yeah you don't need the editor for most of what you want to do.

But changing talents you might want the story editor for since a lot of that stuff is hard coded.

However Baardvark again with Scales did hacky talent mods by modifying the base.charscript file. That didn't require the editor.

Here's an example:

Code
EVENT GuerillaBuff

ON
	OnCharacterStatus(__Me, INVISIBLE) 	
ACTIONS
	IF "c1"
		CharacterHasTalent(__Me,SurpriseAttack)
	THEN
		CharacterConsume(__Me, Guerilla, 5, 1)
	ENDIF
	IF "c1"
		CharacterHasTalent(__Me,FolkDancer)
	THEN
		CharacterConsume(__Me, SKILLBOOST_SpeedBoost, 2, 1)
		ENDIF

EVENT GuerillaRemoved	

ON
		OnCharacterStatusRemoved(__Me, INVISIBLE)
		ACTIONS
		IF "c1"
		CharacterHasStatus(__Me,CONSUME, Guerilla)
		THEN
		CharacterConsume(__Me, GuerillaOff,1,1)
		ENDIF

I use the story editor for this in my mod, but I dislike working in charscript.

Last edited by SniperHF; 18/09/16 07:33 PM.
A
addict
addict
A
If you use Consume (you probably will for your purposes) you have to be aware of its issues in char scripting, reported here:

http://larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=581127&page=1

For example, removing a specific consume potion isn't possible in char scripts, since there's no extra data in CharacterRemoveStatus. So some potions must be controlled by Osiris which uses a handle for each potion.

Probably you will end up with hybrid-scripting, using both Osiris and char scripts.

My mods for DOS 1 EE: FasterAnimations - QuietDay - Samaritan
F
enthusiast
enthusiast
F
Originally Posted by SniperHF

I don't know offhand but might be able to help you find it, where did you find Obedient to mod?

From Potion.txt:

Code
new entry "SKILLBOOST_Leadership1"
type "Potion"
using "_SkillBoost"
data "StackId" "Leadership"
data "Initiative" "5"
data "DamageBoost" "5"
data "Duration" "3"
data "StatusIcon" "statIcons_Leadership"

new entry "SKILLBOOST_Leadership1_Obedient"
type "Potion"
using "SKILLBOOST_Leadership1"
data "Willpower" "1"

Easy to mod ...

F
enthusiast
enthusiast
F

Hard-coded. The best you can do is script in bonuses to counter the nerf such as the mod scales did:

Still requires the full 5 AP to enter sneak mode in combat before one could counter anything. It's really hard to think of a reasonable 'counter'.

All crafting recipes from classic, where gear could be boosted with Sneaking are still in EE, i.e. Crafting was never adjusted, as also the wrong and missing scroll recipes tell.
(body, garment, belt, gloves and helmets can be boosted with sneaking, garments had their INT requirement back then, but it was possible to increase sneaking by 4 with void essences back then, with enough int, no point was required ...)

Might be a better idea to 'fix' Walk in Shadows, which somehow must do a saving throw against itself when used, because the 100% chance with Dex 8 still lead to failure often enough ;-)
Says nothing in the log though ...

N
addict
addict
N
I think you need to put the package you are extracting in the 2nd entry spot, and not the top. But I don't use that utility much. You might ask directly in the extractor thread as the creator of the tool pops by every now and then.

As far as I can see you did everything correctly. I'm not sure why it would finish the extraction without doing anything, I haven't seen this behavior before.

S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Thank you all for your advice.

After several days of tinkering, I got several things modded. There are still quite a few things left to do.

This is what I did by editing base.charscript, and it worked fine. smile

In Potions.txt. I can use the extractor now, but I'm still not able to find the place to edit the other traits bonuses.

Last edited by sjblack2014; 21/09/16 02:57 AM.
F
enthusiast
enthusiast
F
Thank you all for your advice.

After several days of tinkering, I got several things modded. There are still quite a few things left to do.

This is what I did by editing base.charscript, and it worked fine. smile

In Potions.txt. I can use the extractor now, but I'm still not able to find the place to edit the other traits bonuses.

... because they are hardcoded in the .exe as said above. So the place is EoCApp.exe.

You can query the scores of a trait in Osiris, but the effects are hardcoded.

It is hardcoded that the Obedient trait makes a player use the potion 'SKILLBOOST_Leadership1_Obedient' instead of the potion 'SKILLBOOST_Leadership1' when the character sees a party member with Leadership 1. All other traits don't use potions but their effects are directly applied. The fact that a potion is used makes Obedient changeable but not the other traits.

As said, you can monitor the traits in Osiris and catch the events when they are changed, but you cannot modify the traits and their effects directly. (You could not even modify the effect of the trait Obedient, which is using a specific potion, you could only modify the potion itself.)

S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Originally Posted by FrauBlake

... because they are hardcoded in the .exe as said above. So the place is EoCApp.exe.

Ah, I didn't see where it was said that traits are hardcoded in the exe, only that the AP cost for going into Sneak is. That's a shame. I really wanted to nerf some traits like the Immunes and buff some others.

Last edited by sjblack2014; 21/09/16 08:39 AM.
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
A new problem arises.

While I'm able to modify the type and amount of skill requirement of most weapons, I can't change the skill amount for homemade(crafted) weapons.

For example, in vanilla, the lowest tier of Homemade Spear requires Strength 9 (even though in the txt file it shows Strength 7). I try to change it to Dexterity 7, and it'll change to Dexterity 9. The skill type changes with my mod, but no matter what number I put, the value ingame is always 9. Same with other crafted weapons. Their skill requirement value is 2 higher than the value in the txt file and cannot be changed.

Non-crafted weapons don't have this issue and their skill type and amount can be changed at will.

Why is this exactly and what can I do?

Last edited by sjblack2014; 21/09/16 11:04 AM.
F
enthusiast
enthusiast
F
A new problem arises.

While I'm able to modify the type and amount of skill requirement of most weapons, I can't change the skill amount for homemade(crafted) weapons.

For example, in vanilla, the lowest tier of Homemade Spear requires Strength 9 (even though in the txt file it shows Strength 7). I try to change it to Dexterity 7, and it'll change to Dexterity 9. The skill type changes with my mod, but no matter what number I put, the value ingame is always 9. Same with other crafted weapons. Their skill requirement value is 2 higher than the value in the txt file and cannot be changed.

Non-crafted weapons don't have this issue and their skill type and amount can be changed at will.

Why is this exactly and what can I do?

Drops have a fixed item level (Act Part) while crafted weapons autolevel (if the crafting recipes have 'autoLevel 1').

So when the crafted weapon goes up to the crafter's level, the requirement is also adjusted.
(All crafted weapons are defined with item level 1.)

S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Originally Posted by FrauBlake

Drops have a fixed item level (Act Part) while crafted weapons autolevel (if the crafting recipes have 'autoLevel 1').

So when the crafted weapon goes up to the crafter's level, the requirement is also adjusted.
(All crafted weapons are defined with item level 1.)

I'm not sure if this is what you're talking about.

In the file
Code
new entry "WPN_CraftedSpear_01"
type "Weapon"
using "_Spears"
data "Act part" "1"
data "Requirements" "Strength 7"
data "Durability" "6"
data "Value" "3.2"
data "ComboCategory" "Spear"

new entry "WPN_CraftedSpear_02"
type "Weapon"
using "_Spears"
data "Act part" "1"
data "Durability" "6"
data "Value" "3.2"

new entry "WPN_CraftedSpear_03"
type "Weapon"
using "_Spears"
data "Act part" "1"
data "Damage Range" "3"
data "Durability" "6"
data "Value" "3.3"

new entry "WPN_CraftedSpear_04"
type "Weapon"
using "_Spears"
data "Act part" "1"
data "Damage Range" "3"
data "Durability" "7"
data "Value" "3.3"

new entry "WPN_CraftedSpear_05"
type "Weapon"
using "_Spears"
data "Act part" "1"
data "Damage Range" "3"
data "Durability" "8"
data "Value" "3.4"

5 crafted spears, which I assume correspond to the crafting skill of the crafter. However, they're all Strength 7 (Strength 9 ingame), and the number value of all 5 cannot be changed while the type can be changed. I set all 5 to Dexterity 7, but in-game they're all Dexterity 9.

Last edited by sjblack2014; 21/09/16 02:43 PM.
A
addict
addict
A
What FrauBlake means is:

crafted weapons usually auto-level, so you get appropriate stats on your weapon, regarding the player level.

These are the ItemCombos entries:

Code
use category Dagger on object WPN_Branch_A with transform code Destroy1Transform2 parameters WPN_CraftedSpear_01,0,0,0,0,0,1,1 requires Crafting 1 autolevel 1 autoValue 0
use category Dagger on object WPN_Branch_A with transform code Destroy1Transform2 parameters WPN_CraftedSpear_02,0,0,0,0,0,1,1 requires Crafting 2 autolevel 1 autoValue 0
use category Dagger on object WPN_Branch_A with transform code Destroy1Transform2 parameters WPN_CraftedSpear_03,0,0,0,0,0,1,1 requires Crafting 3 autolevel 1 autoValue 0
use category Dagger on object WPN_Branch_A with transform code Destroy1Transform2 parameters WPN_CraftedSpear_04,0,0,0,0,0,1,1 requires Crafting 4 autolevel 1 autoValue 0
use category Dagger on object WPN_Branch_A with transform code Destroy1Transform2Boost2 parameters WPN_CraftedSpear_05,0,0,Weapon_Large_Damage_Mod,0,0,1,1 requires Crafting 5 autolevel 1 autoValue 0
use category Dagger on object WPN_Branch_A with transform code Destroy1Transform2Boost2 parameters WPN_CraftedSpear_05,0,0,Weapon_Large_Crit_Mod_Late,0,0,1,1 requires Crafting 5 autolevel 1 autoValue 0

As you see all crafted spears have autolevel 1, and this also means that their requirements increase, depending on the player's level.

My mods for DOS 1 EE: FasterAnimations - QuietDay - Samaritan
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Ah I see, thank you.

Link Copied to Clipboard