Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
So yeah, I've noticed Persuasion is broken, horribly horribly broken.

Picking my highest attribute option (25- Strength) always leads to failure while picking my lowest attribute option (11- Finesse, 1 from gear) is automatic success. Why? How does it work? Why is it broken like this? And will success be more than just picking your highest attribute? How does the civil ability come into play (got level 2 of that btw)? So many many questions.

N
old hand
old hand
N
ONE possible reason is that not all the choices are equal and they all have different point threshholds to beat.

And the developers, I have a feeling, are like most DMs where intimidation is the least effective form of persuasion because all their NPCs are badass :P

veteran
veteran
It does seem a bit broken, but keep in mind that each situation is different, and different responses will be favoured depending on the circumstances. For instance, if you're trying to get some soldiers to leave the area, convincing them that you're on their side will be more likely to work than threatening them.

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
They always say they roll against the same stat of the opponent. So no; it's not that.
Also all work that way. And a +14 roll for an option?

It's this way in every single persuasion.

veteran
veteran
Persuasion is broken anyway. It's a bad system.

WOOS

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard