Next Thread
Print Thread
#591314 04/10/16 03:15 AM
Kalrakh Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Not sure, if I'm the only one and it is an issue with my quite old laptop:

If we are in combat and there is some ice on the field, we can't use rain, because the combat engine would break then. Spells can't be used anymore, walking won't consume any AP, you can't end your turn or flee. It's just stuck, probably overpower by ice trying to freeze the water or something like that.

Q
stranger
stranger
Q
I don't think its your laptop but a problem with the coding for the rain spell, because I have had the same problem on a fairly high power gaming PC also. From experimenting with the bug it doesn't seem to be actor dependent as any character who uses the spell will bug out the game, and the location doesn't seem to matter either as I tried it in spots that have had a lot of fields and those which have none and its still caused the player to get locked out/frozen.

Last edited by Qoki; 04/10/16 04:28 AM.
Kalrakh Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
It seemed like noone else, reported this quite game breaking bug, that's why I thought it could be hardware specific, even though I already run the game on low specs. But 'good' to hear, that it is not only me, I guess.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Hmmm, I have a similar issue. Every once in a while, for no specific reason that I can identify, the same happens in combat. Also, I have a glitch where every once in a while, my game will lock up, and everything will keep going (friends can move and do stuff), including everything on my screen, but I won't be able to move, open up my inventory, etc. Maybe they're related?

Kalrakh Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
As far as we are guessing the problem appears everytime you cast rain in a fight, while there is anykind of ice around. The ground effects of water puddles and ice space seem to break the system.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I don't use rain, though.

Kalrakh Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
So what do you tend to use before it happens?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Kalrakh
So what do you tend to use before it happens?

Hmm... Well, the no AP cost movement and being unable to do anything generally happens just as it's becoming my turn, and if there is any trend for me, it would seem that it happens right when I'm using Armor of Frost. No single ability have I whiffed more than that one.

As for my character locking up, and not being able to do anything... It happened once just after the end of the croc fight, and it happened once just as I got done buying stuff from Rezzik. That's all I can remember.

Also worth noting, is that this only happens to me during multiplayer.

Kalrakh Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Hrm... Perhaps different reasons then, except for the multiplayer part. For us it always happened after using rain. Armor of frost worked flawless.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Weird. Alrighty.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard