Next Thread
Print Thread
K
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
Hey all,

Had a question hopefully someone here could answer.

I have the enhanced edition and I've been tinkering with the save files to see if i can edit some of the skills/attributes if I wanted to respec my character later on.

I was able to unpack, edit, and repack the .lsv, and see the edits in-game. However, when loading, I get a message saying the save file may be corrupted. I'm guessing this is because the new save file doesn't have a valid checksum anymore.

So does anyone know where the checksum is stored, and what method is used to calculate it?

Thanks.

Support
Support

Did you check the source code for the D:OS Classic Save Game Editor (see this post)? There may have been changes in the Enhanced Edition, but that may give you a good idea of what to look for, anyway.
In Classic there was a small file (meta.lsb) in the save containing the checksum value, date and time, etc.

K
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
Thanks for the response. I did take a brief look at the source for MooseEdit and from what I could tell, it was creating an md5 hash and saving it as a "sanity.lsb" file. But when unpacking the .lsv files from the enhanced edition save using Norbyte's tool, I don't see any sanity file.

The meta.lsf file did have a md5 hash, but it looks like its just for checking the integrity of the Main module the save was created with.

Is there any chance one of the enhanced edition devs will see this and comment?

Link Copied to Clipboard