Print Thread
#593776 19/10/16 05:51 PM
M
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
Hello, First of all hello everyone.
I have a doubt and I don't know what to do, it is with the quest of Frederick's bloodstone, if I don't give the bloodstone to Frederick I won't be 100% Forgiving, but if I give the bloodstone I won't be able to open all the doors in my homestead. What should I do? Thanks in advance

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
It's a while since I've played, but I seem to recall there are sufficient bloodstones to unlock everything in the Homestead even when donating one to that awful reprehensible ingrate Frederick.

So from that reply, what you should do is up to you: I always end up healing him and then always end up feeling like a total mug for doing so because he's such a thoroughly unpleasant chap. But it doesn't appear to come at any long-term cost that I've noticed, whereas not gaining that point of forgiveness may tip the balance.

J'aime le fromage.
Support
Support

Using a blood stone for a quest will still unlock a portal in the homestead (you don't actually physically hand over a blood stone to Frederick).

M
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
Hello all,

Thanks for your answers, it seems that as Raze said even if I use a bloodstone for a quest the portal in the homestead is still unlocked. I read in the guide from ign that I should take care about the use of the bloodstones because if I give the bloodstone to someone that bloodstone is lost. It is clearly a mistake in the guide.

Last edited by Mercurioneo; 25/10/16 02:37 PM.
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
I think the point is perhaps that you need to use it rather than hand it over. I think that's what I did with Frederick and the pack guar type thing you see on the way to Silverglen. Though to be honest it's been long enough that I don't even remember clearly what the options were, rather unhelpfully...

J'aime le fromage.
Support
Support

At least with Ralfie you use the blood stone through a dialogue option, and I'm pretty sure it does trigger a portal to open in the homestead. Now that you mention it, I'd have to double check with Frederick; it has been a while since I played through that part, and I tried it a couple different ways.

Link Copied to Clipboard