Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
addict
OP Offline
addict
A
You've got a good constitution then. wink It's a bit like being alone in the dark when entering the editor. You never know what might happen to you...

Actually, I hoped to end this chapter now but I got a new kind of error after copying the Vargo Wolves (Cyseal) to my mod and adding a script. The error occured the next time I loaded Cyseal. It says:

21:31:42 - Conflicted local template UUID 'fad3dbb1-869e-4199-84bd-37c1570c73d1' of type 'character' with name 'CYS_VargoBoss' when loading level without sublevels, this shouldn't happen?

All six wolves throw this error. Removing the script does not make a difference. The error must be related to the transfer. I just did what I did with all other characters. Do you - or anyone else - have an idea what it means?

EDIT: Yes, it's definitely the transfer. I removed the file the Editor created from Mods\Mymod\Levels\Cyseal\Characters\ and no errors any more. Then copied the wolves to my mod again and the errors appeared again on loading the level.
They're the only local characters I transfered.
Tried it with another local character now. The same here.

Last edited by Abraxas*; 22/05/16 08:17 PM.

My mods for DOS 1 EE: FasterAnimations - QuietDay - Samaritan
old hand
old hand
Yeah I've had the same error, haven't noticed any ill-effects though. But like I said I don't do a ton of main modding either.

A
addict
OP Offline
addict
A
It's a bit concerning but as long as it doesn't have an effect on the game I can accept that. It would be helpful to have a statement from the developers, just to be sure.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Abraxas*
It's a bit concerning but as long as it doesn't have an effect on the game I can accept that. It would be helpful to have a statement from the developers, just to be sure.

They might not even know, I suspect this feature of the editor is not highly tested.

A
addict
OP Offline
addict
A
23. An observation (probably intended) of CharacterGet function:
Some characters are principally ignored, I noticed that for invisible characters, sneaking characters (when already sneaking; works for a short duration when sneaking status gets applied) and characters who can't fight (CanFight false). It's a bit complicated to catch these characters in scripts. For invisible characters (and analogically for sneaking characters) I save (up to two) invisible characters in variables, so I can refer to them:

EVENT SetInvisibleCharacter
ON
OnCharacterStatus(_char,INVISIBLE)
ACTIONS
IF "c1"
IsEqual(%InvisibleChar1,null)
THEN
Set(%InvisibleChar1,_char)
ELSE
Set(%InvisibleChar2,_char)
ENDIF

EVENT RemoveInvisibleCharacter1
ON
OnCharacterStatusRemoved(%InvisibleChar1,INVISIBLE)
ACTIONS
Set(%InvisibleChar1,null)

EVENT RemoveInvisibleCharacter2
ON
OnCharacterStatusRemoved(%InvisibleChar2,INVISIBLE)
ACTIONS
Set(%InvisibleChar2,null)

It's not ideal but works okay, I think.

It would be useful to add INT:CanFight=1 to the CharacterGet function in D:OS 2 and INT:Invisible/Sneaking=0 or offer an equivalent function. Or is there already a way to get those characters quickly?

24. A few more suggestions:
- OnMovementFailed as EVENT; currently it can only be checked in the INTERRUPT section of reactions. So a standard reaction on failing movement can't be scripted at the moment, as far as I see.
- An option to check CharacterIsMoving (similar to ItemIsMoving).
- Maybe checks like: CharacterCanLockpick (already in EE but seems non-functional, s. 15.) and CharacterCanDisableTrap and related commands, so an AI for companions could be implemented.
- An option to check the owner of an object.
- Way more options for ItemGetStat (see above): currently only Weight and Value.
- OnResurrect as event.
- an option to check death type (OnDie only checks damage type which doesn't correspond with death type in most cases).

25. OnCastSkill only seems to work when the character is __Me.

Last edited by Abraxas*; 27/07/16 06:36 PM. Reason: Additions to 24., added 25.

A
addict
OP Offline
addict
A
26. Most weapon types in 'CharacterHasWeaponType' can't be checked.

Here's a list of which types work:

Bow
Crossbow
OneHanded
SmallWeapons
TwoHanded
Wands

And all types that don't work (or maybe don't exist):

DualWielding
DualWieldingSmall
DualWieldWands
Shield (!!!)
ShieldWands
Staves
Unarmed (always true!)

27. Just a note on scripting potions ('CharacterConsume'):
Permanent potions ("Duration" "-1") can't be unconsumed with 'CharacterRemoveStatus(__Me,CONSUME)' or Osiris. They get applied as a permanent bonus. To remove them we can/have to script a potion with reverted values (boni sum up, they don't appear as separate boni, fortunately). But this isn't possible for all kind of data in potion stats. Since we can't edit attributes, talents and traits directly this is a serious problem.

28. Timers are bugged in combat when characters start/end turn:

Time is relative(ly broken)

29. CharacterMoveInRange fails when the path to the target is blocked although the character would be able to move in range.

Last edited by Abraxas*; 10/02/17 10:01 PM. Reason: Addition

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard