Next Thread
Print Thread
#595744 20/11/16 11:48 PM
P
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
We have been playing split screen couch coop on the ps4, but now the game crashes any time the second player speaks to a merchant. We just finished [/i]Goblin Trouble[i] and turned it in in Silverglen. This crash has happened in Silverglen and Cyseal. Has anyone run into this before? I think our game is over unless we can get this fixed frown

A
stranger
stranger
A
We've been experiencing the exact same issue in the exact same place. Forced split screen coop on PS4 with the game crashing every time someone speaks to a merchant. I would love to know if this can be fixed so we can keep playing. :)

Support
Support

Phlop Donkus;

Does the game crash playing in single player?

Does it matter which character(s) the second player is controlling?

attackseagull;

Does it matter which merchant? Did it start with particular merchants in Cyseal or Luculla Forest?

Have either of you done a great deal of trading and crafting? Or leaving the game idle to check merchants when they restock every hour?
There is a known issue with the item generator running out of handles for items, which can cause crashes when trading (usually starting with particular NPCs) or when teleporting between map regions.

P
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
So I loaded up out game in single player. I opened the 2nd players inventory and next to the stack of knockdown arrows were 2 more knockdown arrows. I tried to split them and they both disappeared. When we tried cooping again everything worked! It was a lot of troubleshooting so I may have done something else, but that was the only noticeable thing I did.

Support
Support

Do you have knockdown arrows in a container in that character's inventory (possibly a crate picked up without looting first, etc)? Maybe rather than disappearing they were stacked together in a container.
Or there was some kind of glitch with them, that was causing the crash, and getting rid of them fixed the problem.

Anyway, I'm glad it was an easy fix for you.

P
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
I checked both backpacks in her inventory an was not able to find them. I will take another look and update if I do find them.

A
stranger
stranger
A
For us, the game crashed roughly five times in the Immaculate Village in the Luculla Forest. Three times while trying to trade with Masamune and twice with Attenberah after winning the conflict with her. Each crash seems to happen as soon as the first person has completed their trade.

This all began as soon as we happened upon the town and went to meet the merchants for the first time. Every subsequent crash was just us trying to complete the first transaction. (So no idling or anything like that.) We admittedly didn't try this in single player.

We were able to trade, battle in the game seemingly everywhere else without issue for a few hours after this. smile

Support
Support

Do you have the 1.06 update installed? That should be automatic if your PS4 is online. That fixed a crash that could occur when trading, though IIRC it was when starting trade, rather than completing it.

In the trade window, did you try donating some items to those NPCs, in addition to buy or barter?

A
stranger
stranger
A
Yep! I do have all the available updates installed. I haven't tried donating to those NPCs, but I can give that a try tonight as well. I'll post an update after we try a few of those things later tonight. Thank you for all of your help through this Raze. We really have loved playing this game and are looking forward to the second one!

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard