Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
E
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
E
I was playing DoS: EE last night co-operative, and got to the point where we talk to the Wishing Well in Hiberheim.
Upon choosing to disable the winter storm, or the active volcanos, the game crashes to desktop.

I tried on three different occasions, trying both options (storm/volcano) and either option would crash the game.
For now we elected to forgo the XP and keep exploring, but it would be nice to determine what the cause is.

The only error reported by windows is "An error has occured" or something equally unhelpful.

My pc (the server) is:
Steam Version, DoS Enhanced Edition
AMD x6 Phenom II CPU
AMD Radeon R9 270x GPU
16gb RAM
Windows 10, 64bit.

Last edited by Eddie_Brock; 01/12/16 12:45 AM.
Support
Support

Did you try it in single player, with one main character far enough away they were not involved in the conversation?

If you email supportdos@larian.com, with a save at the wishing well (or a Dropbox or Google drive link, etc) I can take a look at it.

You can zip the save in the '..\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition\PlayerProfiles\<ProfileName>\Savegames_patch' folder, or use the D:OS EE Analysis Tool to generate a report.zip file, and delete all but one of the included saves (double click the zip file to open it in Windows Explorer, then browse down to the savegames and savegames_patch folders).

For the latter, extract the downloaded zip file somewhere and run AnalysisTool.exe. When that loads, browse to the install folder (if it is not automatically detected), optionally run the tests first, and then generate a report (it will be saved in the same location as the Analysis Tool).

E
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
E
I appreciate the response. I will try again tonight. We're just in the prison now, so we will clear it out and return to Hiberheim.

I will follow up tomorrow with either a reply or save.
Thanks again,

E
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
E
Well I'll be... Thanks for the tip Raze.
I split the party, and ran back with just my main character (before my co-op partner joined), and I was able to progress past that spot without error.

Thanks for the help. I've really enjoyed DoS, and will definitely be buying DoS2 once it's released.

Last edited by Eddie_Brock; 02/12/16 04:30 PM.

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard