Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Godlike Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
When trying to launch game it asks me for reboot all the time! Even if i reboot system it asks me again. No starforce removal patch available for polish version (last 1.47).

Starforce update tool says no update needed. Already tried to reinstall starforce, no success.

Already tried to change lang to english and install 1.49, game crashes at loading. 1.49 exe is not working with 1.47 game, crashes and says no fonts.

No problem with polish divine divinity, completed it yesterday.

I assume You dont have 1.47 polish exe without starforce?

My specs:
Asus G60JX
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit English
i7-720QM
GeForce GTS 360M

This really pisses me off, i cant play original version because of stupid DRM which cannot be removed in polish version.

Support
Support

Unfortunately, the publishers have to approve patches, and apparently the Polish publisher did not release the 1.49 patch for that localization.

Did you search online to see if there was a no-CD hack for the Polish version of the game?

If you set up a virtual machine running Win98 or XP, you might be able to install and play the game that way. The graphics capabilities of virtual machines are not that great (at least not the last time I checked them out), but may be good enough.

A download version of the game is available from Good Old Games (or Impulse), equivalent to the 1.49 English version.

Welcome to the forum. wave

Godlike Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Already tried no-cd crack, not working.

Finally i've managed it to work. I've downloaded GOG version and replaced localization from mine polish version of the game, most of dialogs are in polish but some are in english, it doesnt important for me because i know english very well.

Im really waiting for Divine Divinity II, if You'll make it of course. Divinity II is not really a successor, totally different from old-rules DD and other games within as Baldurs gate and Icewind Dale which were similiar to DD.

DD was and is still much better than boring Diablo II and this newstyle easy console shit called Diablo III. WHERE ALE GOOD OLD GAMES!?

Support
Support

Glad you got BD working.

Larian's next RPG, being called 'Project E' until it is officially announced at E3 in June, will have a top down camera view; other than that, not much is known.

In this topic Lar gave some of the first details of Dragon Commander (then called Project D) and Project E:
Originally Posted by Lar_q
You can think of E as the original Divinity in a modern jacket augmented with many of the insights we gained over the course of they years and some new things we'd like to try out (with the caveat that those sometimes work, and sometimes don't).

enthusiast
enthusiast
Just got a support issue on this and the solution was confirmed :

"Can you try installing the game to a directory that is not in c:\program files or c:\program files(x86).
I would suggest a simple directory such as c:\games\Beyond divinity\.

This could be the issue since windows 7 administers User Account Control on program files directory and the game needs to write there.
Please also right click on the exe in the installed directory and select run as administrator when you try to run the game the first time.

Please let us know if that fixes the issue."

Godlike Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hello,

Sorry I didn't see your answer as I didn't set this thread subscribed.

I found my topic accidentally because Im playing the game again.

That was years ago, im now using Windows 10. StarForce drivers just don't work on Windows 10 and they won't work. The only solution is to replace localization files or try to find a NO-CD hack.

Thanks for the Divinity: Original Sin! It was great.

Support
Support

The download version of the game (Steam or GOG.com) does not have any DRM, and was updated with higher resolution support.

Godlike Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
GOG version is now available with polish language. No need to modify files.

Up: yes but it was not available before for polish users.

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard