Next Thread
Print Thread
#582607 06/06/16 06:15 PM
B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
Want to do local coop. I dont have any wireless controllers so I'm looking at buying 2 controllers to play game.

So I'd like to know which controllers are supported before I pull the trigger.

Any suggestions?

Support
Support

I don't know if there is an official list of supported controllers. Xbox (360/one) and Playstation (3/4) controllers should work fine, the Steam controller, and lots of generic controllers should work using something like x360ce in Windows or the 360 Controller Driver in OSX.
I used a Steelseries 3GC with an old version of Motion In Joy (there are reportedly better alternatives to the current version). The Wii U controller adapter at least works in Windows with Xinput, but in Dinput mode (required to support multiple controllers) it can cause a crash on startup if the drivers are installed for rumble support. Gamecube controllers have also caused this crash (a general problem in various games with ezfrd64.dll, used for USB controllers or PS2 to USB adapters; a generic USB hub also caused a crash for one person, and Windows 10 in particular seems to have more problems with USB devices that are not fully recognized).

Raze #582624 07/06/16 09:12 PM
B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
thanks. I've 2 ps3 controllers. I'll give those a shot.

B
stranger
stranger
B
I tried using some generic controllers (radioshack) and x360ce to no avail. The controller option remains grayed out in the main menu. Any suggestions on what I should try next?

B
stranger
stranger
B
Or is there any other way to play in split screen mode? The reading I've done seems to indicate that there is not but it seems like a number of people have had issues with the option to use controllers being grayed out and I would like to know if there is a known fix for this issue.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard