Next Thread
Print Thread
A
arst Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
I play with 2 of my friends. One is the host. I am in Australia, both of them are in Taiwan. Generally speaking, the ping is around 2xx~4xx ms. I don't know if any way to check the network latency in game.

We are all good with quick saving, never see any crashes so far. However, I sometimes have annoying crash issue when my friend do quick loading. The crash happens when my game finishes loading bar and right before the spinning icon appears.

Here is my PC configuration and what I have tried:
Windows 10 64
MSI GeForce GTX 970 Gaming 4GB Video Card
MSI Z170A Gaming PRO LGA 1151 ATX Motherboard
Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 2666 MHz HX426C15FBK2/16
Noctua NH-U12S Multi Socket CPU Cooler
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB 2.5" SATA III SSD MZ-75E500
Intel Core i7 6700K Quad Core LGA 1151 4.0 GHz Unlocked CPU Processor
TP-LINK TL-WN881ND 300Mbps Wireless N PCI Express Adapter

[list]
[*]Disable antivirus, firewall.
[Linked Image]
[*]Run as an administrator, compatibility with win7
[Linked Image]
[*] Reboot, restart the game, reconnect to the host. Still crash.
[*] My friend restart the game, I reconnect to it. Still crash.
[*] Verifying local files in Steam.

Another friend who plays with us also sees the crash sometimes when the host executes a quick loading. However, he has no issue to reconnect. I am the only player who is unable to join the game if this crash happens. The only way we can do is that we need to discard that saving point and find out earlier ones, and myself keep trying until it is loaded successfully. This is very frustrating and annoying especially when we spent 30 mins ~1 hour to finish a battle and gain a rare items. frown
We usually stop playing when this occurs. Feeling that we are wasting time.

One strange thing is that this only happens to me. My guesstimate if this may have something to do with the network latency?? How come another friend can reconnect without issues whereas I cannot??

I don't know what else I can do. Here are some system even logs. Mainly there are only 3 types of errors I can see.

Faulting application name: EoCApp.exe, version: 2.0.119.430, time stamp: 0x56fd2c80
Faulting module name: EoCApp.exe, version: 2.0.119.430, time stamp: 0x56fd2c80
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000008b7aa6
Faulting process id: 0x4710
Faulting application start time: 0x01d1928416841ce2
Faulting application path: D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition\Shipping\EoCApp.exe
Faulting module path: D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition\Shipping\EoCApp.exe
Report Id: a70e7c9e-3a6a-463d-aaaa-2bb44c1e3c98
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Faulting application name: EoCApp.exe, version: 2.0.119.430, time stamp: 0x56fd2c80
Faulting module name: MSCTF.dll, version: 10.0.10586.71, time stamp: 0x5699d44c
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000014c11
Faulting process id: 0x157c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d192818b663a6d
Faulting application path: D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition\Shipping\EoCApp.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\MSCTF.dll
Report Id: d17c6b77-bd48-4e36-ad32-177922a3bca1

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.10586.122, time stamp: 0x56cbf9dd
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x00000000000ee6dc
Faulting process id: 0x5130
Faulting application start time: 0x01d192676d6e5dfc
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 4786ad27-8910-40f2-b7c5-7662d24a552f

I noticed that in some error logs Faulting module are MSCTF.dll and ntdll.dll. I don't know if this is relevant.

I love this game and really want to enjoy it with my friends without this issue. sad

A
arst Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A

Support
Support

Can you try one of these saves in single player if your friend sends it to you?
Each save is a folder in the '..\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition\PlayerProfiles\<ProfileName>\Savegames_patch' folder.

If that works, can you try hosting?

The exception code c0000005 is a memory access violation, but there are a variety of possible causes.

Try checking your system files:
- click Start, type cmd into the search box, right click Command Prompt and select run as administrator.
- type the following command and hit Enter
sfc /scannow
When that is done, type exit and hit Enter, then reboot your computer.
For more details, see: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/kb/929833

A
arst Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
I can load the game, but my friend cannot join the game I host. Here is the saving file.

https://www.mediafire.com/?bqd9g5dx92m4uz6

Support
Support

Thank you. It would help to also provide a report.zip file generated by the D:OS EE Analysis Tool and some CrashDump files from the '..\Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition\Shipping' folder (either add some to the report.zip file or zip/rar them separately).

Extract the zip file somewhere and run AnalysisTool.exe. When that loads, browse to the install folder (if it is not automatically detected), optionally run the tests first, and then generate a report (it will be saved in the same location as the Analysis Tool).
Tou can delete the saves included in the report, to reduce the file size.

A
arst Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A

Support
Support

Thanks. I'll create a support issue to get someone to take a look at the report and CrashDump files.

Are the saves in the report from the multiplayer game, or a different playthrough?

A
arst Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
oh..I was not aware that report encapsulates all saves..please just look at QuickSave_2. That is the file for multiplayer game.

Last edited by arst; 11/04/16 12:40 PM.
A
arst Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Hi, any update against this issue. Now has been 8 months, we just came back and continue playing the game. However, this issues still exists...

Support
Support

No; there hasn't been another game update since the end of March, a little before you reported this.

A
arst Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Sadly to hear that. Guess the team is busy with Divinity Original Sin 2....tonight spent 2 hours trying to load saves....then gave up.

A
arst Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
We are back..any update for this? Play with friends, still happening...sigh..

Support
Support

There has not been another game update.

When this happens, have the host check if any characters are encumbered. There is a known issue that can cause the client to crash in multiplayer when loading or joining if a character is encumbered (the main cause of that was fixed in one of the last updates, but a few people have still run into this). In that case, dropping or redistributing the excess weight, and saving should fix the problem joining.
The symptoms are a little different in your case (system dlls as faulting modules sometimes, for example), but that may be due to the 4 player mod.

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard