Next Thread
Print Thread
P
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
Hi,

I'm playing DOS:EE for the first time, have just passed level 11 and arrived in Silverglenn.

Since the beginning of the game, it's like no merchant I've ever met has ever had any dagger / knife to sell (let alone a good one). They always have numerous swords, axes, bows, wands, staves, whatever you fancy - just basically almost never any dex dagger / knife (like, really almost never). I also seem to be simply finding / looting a lot less of them.

To the point : I have Wolgraff as a melee dex user in my team and he's the only one with weapons at a significantly lower level than the group, because I just seem to almost never find any weapon for him. He's currently using a level 7 and a level 8 dagger, because I've simply never come upon a "correct" level 9 or 10 (or 11) dagger or knife.

There is such a discrepancy with my other chars, for which I find and can buy lots of different weapons and even always have tough choices to make between several good options, that I'm to the point I'm wondering if my game could be bugged in some way.

But maybe at least I could alleviate the problem if by chance I had simply been missing on a particular merchant specializing in these weapons ? Is there one that you usually identify as regularly having good dagger / knives on sale ?

The merchant in King's Crab Tavern does have some... and they're all shitty. Her best one is a *legendary* level 12 one... without elemental damage and with like one additional bonus. The total damage is about equal to either one of my current level 7/8 daggers (a unique level 7 and a rare level 8, both coming with elemental damage), which also both come with better additional bonuses. Ok, the ones I'm wearing are already sharpened, but still... there's a 4-5 level difference here, so I would expect a better upgrade.

Adding Rapiers and Rondells, I still feel like adding those 4 categories together, finding them is a lot rarer than str based weapons. Is this normal ?

Thanks for the help.

Last edited by ParkerLewis; 01/01/17 01:24 PM.
Support
Support

You can craft a dagger from a knife (such as those on the table in the Hall of Heroes, IIRC paper or gold knives, etc) and anvil.

I don't usually play scoundrel/thief type characters, and don't recall and merchants particularly good for knives/daggers/etc.

G
stranger
stranger
G
There may be no specialized merchants in the town hall that have melee weapons. I think that's by design, as you are supposed to either find them during adventuring or by crafting them. You can easily make a decent dagger from a butter knife or paper knife through crafting, for instance. But some of the merchants (check Anna in the pub or Esmeralda in her house for example) have some. There's also a ship captain down at the harbor who has a decent selection of weapons. And of course, you can trade with every character you see and some of them may have what you want.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard