Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
From the research I've done it sounds like the only way to play in split screen is with two controllers. Having followed the suggestions that I have been able to find, I am still unable to select the option in the main menu to use controllers rather than keyboard and mouse. Any advice on how to proceed would be appreciated.

Support
Support

If the game detects a supported controller on startup, there is a screen before getting to the main menu where you would be prompted to press a key or button, to select the input method. After that it would be changeable in the options (or you can return to the prompt screen by hitting Esc / B button on the main menu). After starting a game or loading a save you would need to return to the main menu in order to change the input method.

You may need to use something like x360ce to get the game to recognize the controllers.

BTW, while split screen co-op is only supported when using 2 controllers, it is the UI itelf which is the requirement, and at least in Windows you can use a virtual gamepad, like Headsoft's VJoy Virtual Joystick Driver (with the option set to block keys, in order to stop keystrokes from also being sent to the game).

After setting up the keys, you would need to use x360ce to get the game to recognize the virtual joystick. The default settings should be fine, though opening the x360ce program can make it easier to test the key layout and assignments.

I didn't do a full gamepad configuration, just the left stick, Dpad, A/B/X/Y and start buttons, enough to see if it would work, and get local split screen going with a keyboard and Xbox 360 controller.

B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
Using x360ce with two controllers plugged still does not give the option to play using controllers. I was wondering if it might be because they are a generic brand?

Is there a version of vjoy that works with windows10?

Support
Support

The x360ce program was designed to make generic controllers look like Xbox 360 controllers.
Did x360ce recognize the controllers and let you configure them?

How To Run Generic USB Gamepad As Xbox 360 Controller On Windows PC

Maybe check out: http://vjoystick.sourceforge.net/site/ (I haven't tried it).

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard