Again, X-COM2 is the reference. One of the coolest features of X-COM2 was the action cam. I loved this thing – it was just so badass and dramatic. It really got you pumped for the fight. What I’m talking about is when you attacked an enemy and the camera zoomed in to your character’s POV and then zoomed in to the enemy getting hit, often times with some really slick slow motion.

This feature is totally gratuitous and just for fun, but I think it really adds to the atmosphere of a fight.

Animations, I know, are a big deal workwise, but this wouldn’t involve changing any animations. Just adding some slow motion and well-though-out zoom-ins to add some drama.

It would also allow showing off some of the genuinely impressive spell and attack effects in the game. Even something as simple as a zoom-in on an archer pulling back their bow and skewering some guy with an arrow would be awesome. But I’m specifically thinking of some of the spell effects in the game, like the one where the ice rains down – a nice zoom-in on the caster starting up the magic, then an even nicer zoom-in of the enemy getting all hell rained down upon them.

This would be totally random, like X-COM2, and would be something you could toggle on/off.