Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I specifically have an Intel HD 4600 on my laptop and even though I can definitely play the game at an OK framerate and also the original D:OS, for this game I get crazy crazy amounts of artifacts and flickering textures when I actually start to play. I'm dearly hoping this is just a silly Alpha bug or bugs but if it's not, please support us PC peasants. We really want to pay you and play your game. frown

Last edited by Artificial; 06/12/16 06:44 AM.
L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
I have Intel 4000 and it works better for me (and doesn't run as hot) than DOS EE. You could try turning off shadows and everything to low. This latest patch doesn't seem as smooth but it might be my imagination. It is still playable.

It also works (sort of) through RDC connection from my old 2006 laptop which is unusual.

Mind you we are under minimum specs so I was pretty surprised it worked at all tbh.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by lx07
I have Intel 4000 and it works better for me (and doesn't run as hot) than DOS EE. You could try turning off shadows and everything to low.

I did. lol Nothing seemed to get rid of the massive amounts of artifacts and flickering textures. Although I haven't tested the latest patch.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Bump.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
MAJOR UPDATE: This game works on my laptop now! It's chugging a little bit more than last time but it works beautifully! Thank you, Larian! <3333

Actually, I don't know if it's because of the updates or because I very very recently upgraded my gfx drivers but honestly, I don't really care. It just... It works! laugh

A
apprentice
apprentice
A
Originally Posted by Artificial
MAJOR UPDATE: This game works on my laptop now! It's chugging a little bit more than last time but it works beautifully! Thank you, Larian! <3333

Actually, I don't know if it's because of the updates or because I very very recently upgraded my gfx drivers but honestly, I don't really care. It just... It works! laugh

Do you also have a dedicated GPU? My laptop, ASUS N550, as a Intel 4600 and Geforce 750m. Wonder how D:OSII would play.

The original played ok, the EE edition played fine.

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard