#599120 02/02/17 07:58 PM
A
Aalynia Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Hi all,

I'm asking this question at the behest of my 68-yr-old father, so bear with me if details are a bit foggy. I play on PC and he plays on the XBox One, so I'm not much help to him.

He's had some issues with black screens occuring before, but has been able to get around them by using a previous save. This time he's stuck and I'm not sure if it's a problem with his disc or a common glitch in the game or what.

Essentially, his poor lvl 5 party ended up in Luculla Forest and tried to go to where the spiders are and such; they were stopped by the Immaculates and roundly had their butts handed to them multiple times. I told him he was too low lvl to be there and so he decided to try to leave.

He walked over a wooden bridge (these are his words) and did a quick save to play later. When he loaded the game only the female guardian could move. He apparently wasn't stunned in any way--it just seemed glitched. He cleaned the disc and restarted the game several times yet this remained the case. Since he wasn't supposed to be there yet anyway, he decided to load a prior quicksave.

At this point, the screen goes black. He can hear music, if he opens menus it SOUNDS like things are working, but the screen is black. He's tried restarting. He gets to the title page but if he presses "a" it goes straight back to a black screen.

Now the questions: anyone have a suggestion for a workaround? Does this sound like he needs a new game? I'd hate for him to lose his progress. The poor man is fighting lung cancer and can't do much, but he LOVES this game.

Thanks all for your time and any help!

Support
Support

Did he try loading a previous save, in addition to selecting continue?

Can he start a new game ok? Warn him not to move up the beach, or it will trigger an autosave, which could overwrite an autosave from his current playthrough.

If he can load the latest quicksave again, does opening the waypoint menu (Start button) and teleporting to Cyseal or the homestead get all characters moving?

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard