Page 2 of 2 1 2
H
Hewman Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
H
Originally Posted by Kalrakh
5) Are you talking about Flesh Sacrifice? What nerf? It always gave 'only' AP on use.

Mistaken then, I guess.

14) Bedrolls are to big to stack. You only need one anyway, so why pick up others? Weren't you happy to not need pick up trash?

They cost 10 coins, it isn't trash.

15) Poison explodes if it touches fire. This is just basic mechanic. Set zombies on fire and they make boom everytime you hit them.

I have nothing against this mechanics, it should be just nerfed a bit. Fire-poison mage does too much damage this way.

22) Vitality gives percentage bonus. Of course it sucks in early game, the difference will be more feelable in the late game, level 20+. Part of the concept. Did you check if the other guy had items, that gave him flat HP? If 101 is 135% the other should only have about 74 HP, if I'm not mistaken.

I undestand. It may be reworked, so that you feel it more from the start. Like first point gives 10%, then 9% and so on... I checked all of my heroes. They had nothing that gave hp. 3 heroes with 87 hp and 10 constitution and last one 101 hp with 15 constitution. Bug?

25) Its probably recommended to have dedicated looter, from whom to share the stuff with others.

Ye, but when I open a chest I want to drag items with my mouse to other units. And this doesn't work, but it did before. Why?
I also remember that during a fight I could use healing potion with my Ifan, but I used it not in Ifan's inventory, but in Sibell's, and Ifan actually got healed. Don't know if that workes on purpose, or if it is a bug. I could also use ressurection from her inventory.

26) Shops get new stuff every hour and I think every level up. If there is no good stuff now, check to another time. What stuff will be there is mostly random anyhow. The better merchants are anyway after level 4 and behind the fort.

I checked for 3 or 4 times and no staffs or wands appeared. I guess, the odds should be changed a bit.

Last edited by Hewman; 18/02/17 10:02 AM.
H
Hewman Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
H
22) Vitality gives percentage bonus. Of course it sucks in early game, the difference will be more feelable in the late game, level 20+. Part of the concept. Did you check if the other guy had items, that gave him flat HP? If 101 is 135% the other should only have about 74 HP, if I'm not mistaken.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]

Last edited by Hewman; 18/02/17 10:14 AM.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Hewman

I checked for 3 or 4 times and no staffs or wands appeared. I guess, the odds should be changed a bit.

Every NPC has a certain set of items they always refresh along with a few unique/purple loots that they won't restock.

For example, Nebora, the one that get rid of your collar, always has a green ring for sale. This ring will be restocked every hour.

There's really no NPC in fort joy selling a super good mage stuff. The closest one is the Lizard in the Elf cave who sells Warfare books. He sells all element of Staff and every time you level up, he restocks a new one that scale along with your level. However, none of them are magical so you're only using normal-quality stuffs that you can also attempt to create by combining branch + Shell, which will create a new staff that is as strong as your current level (level 4 craft level 4 staff)

If you really want good one, you will have to get lucky with chest because there's only a few green-wand hanging around in fort Joy for mages.

On the topic of HP, doesn't Classic mode give you an extra health which doesn't scale with con? Probably has to subtract that bonus health part first.

Last edited by Ellezard; 18/02/17 10:01 AM.
H
Hewman Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
H
Originally Posted by Ellezard
There's really no NPC in fort joy selling a super good mage stuff. The closest one is the Lizard in the Elf cave who sells Warfare books. He sells all element of Staff and every time you level up, he restocks a new one that scale along with your level.

Thanks, now I get it. I couldn't trade with him, that's the problem.

addict
addict
There's really no NPC in fort joy selling a super good mage stuff. The closest one is the Lizard in the Elf cave who sells Warfare books. He sells all element of Staff and every time you level up, he restocks a new one that scale along with your level.

Thanks, now I get it. I couldn't trade with him, that's the problem.

You can't trade with him if you don't play along as Red Prince because he hates the red lizard husbando.

However, every other characters can still initiate the conversation and gain access to the store where you can use Red Prince barter to get discount as well.

Use Ifan or anyone with [Soldier] tag to get a huge discount as well (like Hilde and Outlaw tag)

veteran
veteran
Somewhere is a mouse over that shows how HP are calculated. Perhaps check those.

And as I said, the traders inside the fort are pretty bad, you need to leave it for the better ones.

I don't think you should be able to use items in combat from someone elses inventory. If it was outside of combat, it is a normal possibilty tough.

If you get that easily several 1000 coins, 10 coins is kind of trash still. wink

Don't know about the dragging loot stuff, don't think every tried that, or at least can't remember.

H
Hewman Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
H
10) When I invited the 3rd hero (Ifan) I had lvl 2, and instead of letting me spend his attribute and skill points, they were spent automatically. A bug I guess.
22) I noticed that I had 101 hp on a hero with 15 constitution while others had 87 hp and 10 constitution. 5 attribute points wasted. Lesser lvlup bonus hp, higher constitution bonus, or reworked constitution, as I said before.

The mistery solved. The points didn't spread automatically, they just dissapeared. My Ifan is not lvl4, the game and experience count say he is lvl4, but in fact he misses points and hp from lvlup.

H
Hewman Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
H
13) My Lohse spoke with that elf girl in the elf dungeon and the fight with Lohse occured, but the elves and everyone else fought with my entire party, not just Lohse. After the fight I couldn't chat with Modi and the lizard knight wouldn't have anything for sale but his sword.
You can't trade with him if you don't play along as Red Prince because he hates the red lizard husbando.

However, every other characters can still initiate the conversation and gain access to the store where you can use Red Prince barter to get discount as well.

Use Ifan or anyone with [Soldier] tag to get a huge discount as well (like Hilde and Outlaw tag)

Last edited by Hewman; 18/02/17 10:12 AM.
H
Hewman Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
H
I don't think you should be able to use items in combat from someone elses inventory.

Neither do I. But it worked.

Last edited by Hewman; 18/02/17 10:17 AM.
addict
addict
You ruined it then so you will have to stick to crafting Stick + Shell.

veteran
veteran
Okey, if the level makes the difference is pretty normally because base HP increases with every level. if he should be level 4 but isn't that is of course not normal tough.

H
Hewman Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
H
You ruined it then so you will have to stick to crafting Stick + Shell.

I didn't, bro. The game is broken, it is a bug smile After we calm Lohse down, everything should be fine, or else why would that chat with Lohse exist if you never want to have it?

Last edited by Hewman; 18/02/17 10:39 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
I strongly dislike the new balancing that makes each level-up such a significant jump in power.
The original implementation wasn't without flaws, but those flaws could have been fixed without breaking everything else.

I feel like D:OS2 would benefit from a gear/loot rework that brings it closer to the original Falouts(1/2) and D&D games: practically everything is handplaced and the variety of gear is quite low, but every new item type is a practically significant change(damage type, ammo used, etc.) and straight upgrades are only given out relatively scarcely, often making it more worthwhile to stick to the old item if the new one is of a type you can't use effectively.

H
Hewman Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
H
Hi there. Let's go on.

27) Enemies often do not hit a low hp hero in order to finish him. Low ability to burst down.
28) Bleeding moves off regeneration from a decayed enemy. Don't know what to comment on this.
29) I played Sibelle as an assasin (with one dagger though), she often bugged and froze after I used vault on enemies. She just stayed and the only thing I could do was end turn, though I had full AP bar. First time I noticed this in the fight vs frogs, wanted to cast on high ground, but it kept appearing later on in the game.
30) Blinding radiance often does not deal damage and often blinds enemies which look in the opposite direction from my mage.
31) In arena fight an enemy knight knocks down my mage which stands on a highground. He just rushes close to the hg and affects my unit on it.
32) After turn of my hero ends, the game often freezes for 10 secs or more. It happened in D:OS, so good thing that there is no need to reload.
33) Crocodiles are not the only enemies who hits me in the face when I come to hit them close combat. Attack of opportunity is a little bit bugged.
34) My assasin often did a step to a side and backstabbing didn't work. I just pressed hit button, but she would move and there would be no crit frown
35) All-in is designed for two-handed weapons, but its range is closer than a common attack range of a two-handed weapon. Shouldn't be so.
36) The key to the room with dogs often doesn't work. It happened earlier, but I thought that I failed to get the key, this time I checked everything and found every key I could, still couldn't enter the room without lockpicks.
37) An undead that is located closer to the beach where a lonely dog waits for a master, undead archer, used clear-minded on my unit. Later in the magical cave an enemy enraged my hero without hitting him with magic.
38) The undead that are the first if you pass lucian shrine. I came from the other side (from the beach) and initiated a fight, but my Red Prince for some reason didn't fight and didn't move and couldn't do shit. I could only end or delay his turn. After reload everything was fine.

Now to some more serious stuff.
39) For some reason my hero undresses a shield if he wants to hit with a dagger. So I guess there is no way in the game to play some dagger+other weapon combination. If you are playing an assasin, in every case you want him to have 2 daggers. I didn't check if you can use assasin abilities when you have dagger+sword. I think, you should be able to use assasin abilities even without a dagger equipped, but the damage of the abilities should rely more on finesse, then on weapon damage. There should also be some effects, not just bleeding. May be slow, cripple, blind. Lesser damage multipliers and more ccs, that's what I would like to see from an assasin. Or 3 APs per backstab hit please.
40) There should be stats requirements for abilities. I can have Sibelle with a spear, having 20% damage bonus from racial and 1 AP, then adrenalin, then rage, cloack and dagger, phoenix dive and warlord talent. Do you even imagine what dirty stuff that b***h does? Cripple, whirlwind, blitz... Cripple+rage is OP itself. Battle stomp doesn't not have critical for some reason. I killed all 4 fire lizards with cripple+rage+battle stomp combination at lvl 3. I hit them for 70+ damage each with cripple as far as I remember. I recall I said knight wasn't fun to play. Well... it was without rage. I just didn't know how to use it properly.
41) I tried to play necro+water mage combination with perseverance, wand, shield and glass cannon. Overall the hero was shit. The only useful things I could do were teleportation (which I had from gloves) and restoration. There was teleportation+decay+restoration combo, but after that I hit enemies with 5 damage per 2 AP. Global cooling and winter blast did around 15 damage together. Hail strike is too random imho. I will sum up necromastery school. By itself it isn't worth having. You can easily be full fire, water, earth, air mage, warfare unit, assasin, ranger and remain useful. But you can never be a useful full necromancer. It is a supporting school. The only way you are worth something is if you play it with a two-handed, close combat and have 1 point in necromastery and everything else in pain reflection and perseverance. But even then you don't do much damage with your weapon, which means you have nothing from necromastery skill but abilities. Very unbalanced, lacking idea and synergy. As I said before, there should be piercing damage from necromastery that will directly heal you (for some % of damage dealt), there should also be some abilities for traiding your vitality in order to deal damage, apply statuses, or summon beasts.
42) Perseverance is good, but you automatically want to have it on every hero and it is imbalanced in combo with glass cannon. Better to have some small % of armor recovered every turn if there is no more armor left.
43) So there are combat and civil skills. Combat skills are classified to weapons, schools and defense. In almost every case you would prefer having more points in weapons, since there is attribute and weapon damage multipliers, which are multiplied together. There is just more profit from having more points in weapons. You always want to have perseverance on 1, you always want to have at least 2 schools, one point each, and everything else is better spent on weapons. For now the best tactics is to burst down enemy's disabler, a knight in almost every case, which is tanky as f*. I think I have false impression from this playthough because of rage ability. It is too imbalanced. Damage multipliers, crit multipliers, 100% crits. I also had 2 teleportation spells, so if I have 5 units against me per fight on avarage, 3 of them are always dead from the start (I spent points on wits on every hero).
44) Teleportaion should be nerfed. The best tactic remains delaying you turns, moving enemies close to each other and bursting them down with fire, poison, rage, ranger, whatever. Adding more grounded statuses for enemies or making it usable only after magic armor is done or nerfing distaces I don't know what could bring more balance to it, neither A.I. 2.0 nor 3.0, 4.0, 5.0 could make the game harder if everything you do is bursting most of your enemies down from the start.
45) I didn't ever feel the need to max telekinesis. You always want to have lucky charm on at least one of your units. You also want thievery and bartering for sure. In D:OS I collected items with loremaster bonus and sneaking bonus, so I never maxed them, neither do I in D:OS2. Why would you ever need sneaking if you have invisibility? It is much more useful for civil purposes. So sneaking and telekinesis are not at all useful, loremaster is not pretty much needed, so at the moment you actually have 3 useful skills, which leaves the 4th hero without anything. Persuasion? I don't recall any situation where it helped and changed the situation dramatically, even if it did, 1 point is enough. That led me to idea of creating team skills. I kinda don't like the fact that if I want to use lucky charm at full potential, I have to open chests and everything with one unit and trade with another one. So why not make bartering and lucky charm team abilities, so that luck and discounts grow with each point your party has and affect every one of them if they travel together? This also could be used with leadership (change the name to "team spirit" or "morale"?) in order to buff it a little bit. For now leadership is bad, in almost every case you want something else. 5m radius is no. nonononono. The other way of buffing leadership is splitting its effect on 2 different aspects: radius and resistance bonus, and skilling up both of them, or to have base bonus resistance and range and to have a choice between maxing range or resistance. And this all feels weird. Leadership is about fighting, it must work on all of your teammates and allies that are the part of the fight.
46) Bigger and better needs buffing.
47) I am thinking that having more combat and civil skillpoints each level with lesser bonuses from skills would be better. Should be discussed.

Last edited by Hewman; 26/02/17 03:59 PM.
H
Hewman Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
H
I think I will do one more playthrough without rage and teleportation and report on how it went. Will go one necromaster like I described above, full earth mage with staff, full water mage and full air mage without teleportation.

Last edited by Hewman; 26/02/17 01:07 PM.
veteran
veteran
Persuasion should not be on a different char as bartering. Persuasion helps getting stuff cheaper aka selling for a better price, just only a quarter as good as bartering.

In D:OS1 you needed loremaster to check for stuff like Body building and Willpower, the new armour system killed this need. But it is still nice to have to check for resistances and needed for identifying. The forth guy has nothing else to do, so he gets loremaster anyway. It also help to check stats in case of persuasion check.

veteran
veteran
40) Straight-up requirements of certain Primary Attributes for abilities or skills is not likely to happen, as it goes against Larian's design philosophy of allowing you to build your character how you want. There are other things which could be done to help balance skills, like not allowing +Memory to appear on random items, and adding additional Ability Point thresholds you need to meet before you can learn higher-power Skills

44) Teleportation's range should NEVER be nerfed. I would be fine with making the AP cost substantial, though, to 4-6 AP for Teleport, so you can teleport an enemy, but can't do anything else. So even if you get Teleport onto 4 party members, sure they can teleport 4 enemies close together, but they'll need to wait until the next turn before they can actually do anything to them.

45) Telekinesis should be improved to allow you to interact with anything from a distance of [Max Telekinesis] range. You should be able to pickpocket with Telekinesis and pull levers from a distance and open chests from a distance. ...Actually, that sounds like it might be tricky to do as a standard action. They could probably add in a Telekinesis Hand Skill, which has a Memory cost of 0 and an AP cost of 3, which lets you interact with anything in Telekinesis max Radius, which is determined by your rank in the Telekinesis skill. In combat, this allows you to perform a melee attack at a distance. ...I'm going to write this up as its own thread.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard