Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#600398 21/02/17 05:14 AM
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Since its been mentioned on many occasions that rage is op in tandem with the warlord build i'll make the suggestion for it's scaling to be linked to strength and its cool-down increased from 4 turns to 10 turns.
Why I think this is a good idea? Well for 3 reasons.
1. Early on its too strong with aoe spells
I thought about an alternative where spells can't crit without savage sortiliege but that either adds inconsistencies if its warfare only or guts alot of the other classes' (rogue/ranger)
damage.
2. Its too strong as a mere value point in warfare and a memory slot even on your wizard character with far-out man
Doing this without levelling strength nor using the +10% damage to armor isn't punishing enough
3. I feel that some of the other suggestions i've seen e.g. make it self-cast or silenced lead the spell to lose alot of its flexibility
The scaling i suggest is as follows. The spells starts @25% percent crit chance gaining 5% per point of strength (forcing 15 strength for 100% though with wit you may only need +85%)
p.s. Yeah im posting alot im full of ideas.

Rogues are the best
Bullethose #600402 21/02/17 08:45 AM
veteran
veteran
Increasing the Cooldown will help in most situations shit. Why? The issue with Rage is, if you prepared well the fight is over as soon as you use it. That is the main issue people are saying about Rage.

Also the main problem is, it is far to flexible. That's why you don't care about the cooldown, if you have it on every character.

Bullethose #600412 21/02/17 04:27 PM
G
stranger
stranger
G
Cooldown is not the solution. With teleport spell and aoe attacks you don't need the second cast. You just remove three-four enemies out of the board in one turn. It is fine to take out one with direct attacks and leave your fighter vulnerable, but crit with aoe is too much.

Bullethose #600414 21/02/17 04:54 PM
G
addict
addict
G
The things that bother me most about this game tend to be the extremes:
-cc either always works or never works depending on the state of your armor
-most successful cc makes you completely disabled
-rage makes you always crit
-one point in a skill tree gets you access to all of the skills

Forcing things to black or white states like this hurts the game for me; it makes it unbelievable and boring. I want to see rage effects (an all effects) be a little more nuanced. I don't have a specific solution in mind, but something like this might be better (I'm making up numbers - take them with a grain of salt):
-self-cast only
-must be wielding a melee weapon to use it
-increases damage by 10%
-increases critical multiplier by 20%
-decreases accuracy by 10%
-decreases dodge by 30%
-increases chance to resist physical cc by 10%

The numbers probably want to be a little higher, but you get the idea. This is a skill that you use when you need to put out a little more damage and think it's worth the risk. Any skill that you use automatically, the first round of every fight, without thinking about it, probably needs to be re-evaluated because you're no longer making choices - just going through the motions.

Bullethose #600416 21/02/17 05:08 PM
G
stranger
stranger
G
The worst thing of the every game is the 10-15% or less values. Same to 85-90% and higher. You ought to use them as 0 or 100 percent chance and load the save otherwise.

So, it's fine to have close to 50% probabilities. For other cases "always" or "never" is better.

For example, this game have a "crit chance" value. You have less than 15% on low levels. So, it is better to not account this value in your planning. Imo, it is better to have constant 50% crit chance. And different crit damage, based on your weapon, skills, stats.

This makes game less predictable every action, and this is times better than rare cases of "something going times better/worse than expected".

Bullethose #600417 21/02/17 05:13 PM
veteran
veteran
Just remembers my of my fight with the Magister who want to kidnap Han. Being only 2/3 with hardly any armor: knockdown, knockdown, death, knockdown, death. (Battle Stomp, Charge, Tremor Grenade) At the start you can get easily overwhelmed with hardly any good equipment.

Sure I can beat them with better placement and less grouping and already did, but I tried a more casual playstyle with less preparation for some experience gathering.

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard