Next Thread
Print Thread
T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
Hi yall

I am level 11 now and just finally getting good. I really don't want to backtrack far back in the game, but am stuck with the Main Questline and thinking the only way out of this is to find a save before the problem occurred.

The problem is that I seem to have missed ‘The letter from the Duke of Ferol to Evelan’ (from the chest in the actual murder room).

I was watching a video about this questline (A Mysterious Murder) and i was in the murder room before, and pretty sure i remember opening the chest in the room. But now the chest is gone and i don't have the letter from the Duke of Ferol to Evelan (the one that apparently was in the chest).

Not sure how to find the letter at this point. I don't have it, the chest is gone. The video of this questline shows that i need to give THREE pieces of evidence to Esmeralda (the bloody dagger, the 'how to do a murder book' and this letter from the Duke of Ferol to Evelan, i.e. the letter from the chest in the murder room). I only have TWO of those pieces of evidence, and Esmeralda (and the garrison captain) say that i don't have enough evidence.

Is the only way to get thru this going WAY back to say level 3 or so? Essentially starting OVER?!

I notice that i can DROP the other pieces of evidence (why does the game let you do this???!!!) and may have had the letter a long time ago, but may have dropped somehow since the game lets you do that.

Ugh, what to do?! Really don't want to start essentially over.

Thanks
Randy
smile

old hand
old hand
You dont need that letter to finish that quest.
There are other ways to solve the crime.

Check other suspects and their houses.
Maybe you will dig out something...

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard