Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
In Epic Encounters, I've had a few bug reports of this occurring, but have also experienced it myself once, in Zandalor's house. Sometimes objects like torches, switches, and levers, along with story code functions, like ambushes and traps, will stop working entirely. Restarting the game fixes the problem, whereupon the character will say something along the lines of "I mustn't have used it correctly."

I am unsure if this is directly related to Epic Encounters, or is a problem with the base game. Have any of you also experienced such a problem?

F
enthusiast
enthusiast
F
If it's always a combination of object and story code, my guess would be Osiris bugs.

I had at least one extremely strange report of something happening in XC_Bags that could not have happened by code logic and that I can only explain to myself as an Osiris bug.
Maybe timing or racing conditions, who knows, almost looked like a skipped piece of code... because the story engine was too tired or too lazy or whatever ;-)

OP Offline
I have absolutely had skipped code in character scripting; a player once picked a talent without the corresponding OnTalentUnlocked() code ever firing.

OP Offline
I've narrowed the problem down to setting a character's invulnerability status (0 or 1) within the scope of an OnLoaded(_, _, _, _) block, but only after when reloading a game from having lost combat. The problem then persists until the client is restarted.

What's odd is that this will occur even when using a timer or character event to displace the scope of the function call. Moreover, in the case of a very long timer, it will happen even before the timer fires.

Oddly specific, I know--so much so that it begs the question as to whether other functions will cause this problem.

F
stranger
stranger
F
Did you ever figure out a solution to this? My buddy and I are currently stuck in Zandalor's house. The lever isn't turning the fields off, and no traps went off when we entered the house.

g
Support
Support

If you are playing on PC, please email supportdos@larian.com with your save there (or email/post/PM a Dropbox or Google drive link, etc).
Each save is a folder in the '..\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition\PlayerProfiles\<ProfileName>\Savegames_patch' folder (similarly in OSX, and in Linux they are in the home directory).
In Windows Explorer you can zip a file or folder by right clicking on it/them and selecting 'Send To | Compressed (zipped) Folder'.

F
stranger
stranger
F
Man you guys are such an awesome and responsive company! In this case I'm an idiot and didn't read the third sentence where restarting fixes the problem. Which it did. But thanks anyways!

g

Link Copied to Clipboard