Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Raban Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello fellows,

I am right-handed but I have the habit to play with the mouse in my left hand using my right hand on the numpad keys for camera movement and my thumb lies on the left/down/right keys for special actions like highlighting items, sneak or the destruction toggle.

By default D:OS EE binds the hotbar slots to the numpad, so I have to clear them out or bind other keys to them because the game doesn't remove double definitions.

Now the bug: D:OS EE re-binds the hotbar slots to the numpad every time I start the game from my desktop. A look at the inputconfig_p1.json in my player profile shows that the game actually saves my bindings, it just re-binds them at startup. So I have to clear them out at the start of every play session. disagree

I know there are no plans for another update for D:OS EE but maybe someone has an idea how to fix this or an eavesdropping dev notes this for D:OS 2.

In hope for help
Raban

Support
Support

If you clear certain default hotkey assignments (like the Numpad keys to the 'select slot#' hotkeys), the game will 'fix' the 'missing' hotkeys on startup.
To prevent this, simply assign different hotkeys to that column, using Shift, Ctrl or Alt modifiers for things you wouldn't otherwise use (ie for slot0 you could use Shift+0 or Alt+0, rather than Numpad 0).

Raban Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you for the quick answer.

Now this is strange … it works like you said, but I tried exactly this two times before plus one time by editing the inputconfig_p1.json directly. While doing that, I noticed that the game only saves newly bound keys, not cleared keys or the whole keyset. Thus, it can't "see" voluntarily unbound keys.

Like I wrote above, I even checked the saved alternative keys after setting them and they still got reset. After that, I resorted to clear them because its one keystroke less than re-binding them.

And now, it works … suspicion I will observe it.

Thanks again for encouraging me to try this one more time. However, it is a strange behaviour that a game will "fix" keys the user has deleted, forcing him or her to bind them to some junk keys. I've never experienced this with a game before. Why have the "clear" button at all if it only works until the next start?

Again, maybe this applies for a fix in D:OS 2.

Best regards
Raban

Last edited by Raban; 05/03/17 08:26 PM. Reason: typo

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard