Print Thread
#600794 07/03/17 12:22 AM
S
Spangle Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
So I think I can speak for every RPG player when I say we hate when you kill an enemy who looks like they have badass weapons and armor, but then you go to loot them and all they have is a couple of coins and a cup of tea. Sure, if they're disintegrated or turned to ash then maybe the clothes would be destroyed, but in large part we should be able to pick up the gear that they were wearing/using.

old hand
old hand
Always a nice concept to have enemies drop the gear they appear to be using. It can get a bit too much in practice, though, if every or even most enemies drop their stuff. I do think that bosses should drop gear appropriate to them. A caster boss should drop cloth armor, not plate stuff. Just need to make sure there's a fairly equal distribution of boss types. And various monsters can drop any type or loot (or better, guarding corpses or chests with any sort of loot). Or even better, drop unique crafting ingredients and special accessories.

veteran
veteran
I would really prefer such a concept, it would make fights more worthwile and would make it able to limit those immersion breaking merchants. It's pretty classy, if you are broke and in a prison, to get the stuff of your wardens to fight the others.

S
Spangle Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Yeah, I also think that killed merchants should drop everything they sell. There can be consequences like negative influence with everyone in the area (if you are seen). Sure, it can offer a player a big advantage, but it's too artificially limiting and immersion-breaking when those items just disappear.

*Edit: or you could have the seller's inventory in a high-level locked chest nearby

Last edited by Spangle; 09/03/17 08:02 AM.
Y
Yun Offline
apprentice
apprentice
Y
While i, and i would assume most people (at least the handsome ones), would prefer hand placed loot, it is a time consuming thing to do for every enemy.
Random loot is usually done to save time and money, even if the official party line is "increasing replayability".
Considering that they have a relatively small budged for a game of this scope, i think something like this would have had to have been a priority from the start, and would probably have ment a cut to something else.

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard