Print Thread
#518024 13/07/14 04:27 AM
H
havuk Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
H
For those that dont remember, hes the orc stuck in the Sacred Stone prison. Is this guy bugged or is it just me? Opening the prison door doesnt do anything and neither does using teleport or featherfall on him. How do i get him to trigger escaping? and is there some secret to the dragon statues in the nearby prison cell?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by havuk
For those that dont remember, hes the orc stuck in the Sacred Stone prison. Is this guy bugged or is it just me? Opening the prison door doesnt do anything and neither does using teleport or featherfall on him. How do i get him to trigger escaping? and is there some secret to the dragon statues in the nearby prison cell?

There is the a buzz among fans that some/one quest in Sacred Stone didn't make it to the final release version. The whole settlement is more or less pointless/questless without any serious story/quest involvement which is indeed quite strange...

WOOS
H
havuk Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
H
lol figures...made me wonder where all those escaped prisoners ran off to.

Is it the same thing with the goblin village? I talked to the totem and got its approval but theres no merchants to trade with and i cant talk to the 5 named goblins surrounding it.

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
In my game, the released prisoners were shown as lying down (like knocked down) but were still leaving the prison at the scripted running path, so they looked like they were just sliding across the floor and stairs. So funny and definitely bugged laugh

T
stranger
stranger
T
Interestingly, now Bruthor attacks after I release him with "feather drop" spell. The guards, despite being hacked to pieces by me, remain faithful allies...

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by havuk
lol figures...made me wonder where all those escaped prisoners ran off to.

Is it the same thing with the goblin village? I talked to the totem and got its approval but theres no merchants to trade with and i cant talk to the 5 named goblins surrounding it.

The named goblins are the merchants and you can talk to them when they're not listening to the totem give them orders to do things.

enthusiast
enthusiast
There are 2 other things that you can do with that totem.
1)
Use the nearby trapdoor to find and kill the shaman that operates the totem. Afterwards you can tell the goblins through the totem to gift you some of their stuff.

2) This one is a bit more drastic:
Destroy the totem and you will gain a Bloodstone. Doing this will make all the goblins hostile.

I
enthusiast
enthusiast
I
Originally Posted by tracek
Interestingly, now Bruthor attacks after I release him with "feather drop" spell. The guards, despite being hacked to pieces by me, remain faithful allies...

this actually is a good thing. It's the only way to kill all the guards quickly without getting a global reputation hit.

featherfall Bruthor BEHIND you, cast slow on him, then attack the guards. so long as Bruthor is alive, you can attack the guards with impunity.

if Bruthor becomes a problem, blind or stun him or teleport him back into his cage smile

once the guards are all dead, you can deal with bruthor, and then free the other prisoners, who are grateful, but that's about it really.

K
stranger
stranger
K
Hey everyone,

So I am playing on ps4 - I don't know if this changes things or not - but I figured out a way to save Bruthor.

So what you need to do is have a scoundrel sneak around the prison and free all the prisoners without getting spotted. Free the humans first then the imps. Then you follow the imps down the hill, past Bruthor's cell and this should aggro the guards (if it doesn't attack them as the imps run past).
This will trigger an instance where you are fighting the guards and Bruthor with the imps on your side. You want to keep the imps alive because they come into the game later if you do. During the battle use teleport on Bruthor. Teleport him onto the stairs near the entrance to the prison. This will turn him from being aggro to you to aggro to the guards. It also makes his dialogue make sense, so I am pretty sure this is what the writers intended.
So far as I can tell you don't get anything from doing this (or at least I haven't found it yet) but it is pretty cool.

I can't find this anywhere on the forums or reddit, but if anyone has found a way to interact with Bruthor after you free him please let me know.

S
stranger
stranger
S
When I tried to release any prisoner I was attacked by the guards and the prisoners ! And I took huge rep hit. Whats wrong about releasing the human prisoners ?

Support
Support

Release the orc first and take care of the guards, and you can then release the prisoners without a reputation drop.

At least some of the human prisoners are still loyal to the cause, believing they are there due to a misunderstanding, or minor infraction, that can be cleared up if they can just explain themselves to someone in charge.

Link Copied to Clipboard