Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 48 of 57 1 2 46 47 48 49 50 56 57
Support
Support

Did the other games you tried include similarly demanding, DirectX 11 games?

Does this happen if you just leave the game sitting at the main menu, or in the options? What if you Alt-Tab out of the game, or otherwise minimize it?

Have you tried lowering the graphics settings and resolution, or switching to Windowed or Fake Fullscreen display mode, to see if that would make a difference?

Do you have Vsync enabled, or the frame rate cap set in the options? Try enabling, lowering or disabling those options.

Try verifying local files: in the Steam library, right click on Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition and select Properties, switch to the Local Files tab and then click on the 'Verify Integrity of Game Cache...' button.
With the GOG version, in the (optional) Galaxy client, select Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition in the left column, then click on the More button, and in the Manage menu select 'Verify / Repair'.

Did you try setting the in-game volume to zero, or muting it in the Task Manager Volume control, to see if that would at least take care of the buzzing noise?
You could also try browsing to the '..\SteamApps\common\Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition\Data' folder (or similarly for the GOG version) and rename three 'sound' pak files. There are also 5 'voice' pak files in the '..\Data\Localization' folder.
If that doesn't help, rename the files back, so they don't get redownloaded if you verify files again.

Are you shutting down all non-essential programs (especially anti-virus) before starting the game?

Check for updated graphics drivers and Windows updates in general.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Hi,
Im 175 hours in on DOS EE PS4 with all 16 stones. No Chapel in Homestead. Can't get thru Gate in Source Temple. Icara is still telling me I need to find more Star Stones.
Suggestions to my dilemma are greatly welcome. XD

Support
Support

If you have blood stones in a character's inventory, they need to be used to open a portal.

Where is Zixzax? Beside a portal, or the statue, or sitting near the weaver of time?
If Zixzax is siting beside the weaver of time, you need to use another blood stone to open the next portal (or if you didn't already have all 16 star/blood stones, find another star stone).
All of the portals need to be opened in the homestead before the door in the Source temple will open (except for the Forbidden Zone).

If you don't know, run around the homestead to see if he is standing beside a portal waiting for your characters (keep an eye on the mini-map for green dots). In particular, if you have not already opened the Hall of Darkness, check up the stairs to the right from the entrance of the homestead; he can be hard to see (with the default camera angle) if he is beside the portal at the end.

If he is beside the statue, you need to talk to the statue or enter the last opened elemental portal. The final elemental portal is the one opened just before the chapel portal, so likely the issue if you have most of the portals open.

Does the last opened portal have a marker on the map? If not, it wasn't completely opened. You need to enter, proceed far enough to get a cutscene conversation with Astarte or the demon, then return to the main section of the homestead through the portal.

You may be past this point, but if the homestead is still under attack, then it is by design that no portals are opening. You need to stop the fireballs raining down (doing something in the northern part of Luculla).

A
stranger
stranger
A
Hi,

Zizzax is standing on the steps next to the statue that opens the 4 elemental portals. They are all open but perhaps I didn't go into the last one I opened. I don't remember. I will try going into all 4 and see what happens.
Every other special room is there besides the Chapel and I have been in them all.
I have triggered all the Stones. There are only inert stones left in my inventory which is how I know for sure I have 16 of them.
Thanks for the advice. I'll let you know.
Hagn

Support
Support

You don't need to check all 4 elemental portals, just the one that does not have a map flag (shown on the main map or the mini-map).

A
stranger
stranger
A
Hello again.
I had not gone thru the earth elemental portal. I did and triggered a conversation with the Trife. After that The Chapel opened up and I talked to Astarte.
But when i went back to Icara she still tells me i need more Star Stone !
I went back to ALL the rooms in HomeStead. No luck.
Teleported to Phantom Forest. Fought some leftover monsters. Saved. Went back to HomeStead.
Icara still tells me I need more Star Stones.
What would you suggest I try now?

Support
Support

Ignore Icara and head to the Source Temple; with the chapel portal completely open (cutscene with Astarte, marker on the map), the door will open for you.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Thanks Raze!! That worked a treat.
Busy kicking the Trife's a$$ right now.
Not too impressed with the Source Temple puzzles tho.
Would rather have fought more baddies.
I hear the NON EE of D:OS had more fights at the end and less B$?
Or maybe I'll just do Tactician Mode when I'm done with this playthrough....

Support
Support

There were some changes to the area outside the Source Temple in the EE. The ending was rewritten and expanded (in Classic, entering the First Garden had a brief encounter with Leandra, and then the final boss fight and that was it), and a small epilogue area was added.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Well thanks again Raze.
I had the battle with Leandra last night and kicked her butt! XD
Saved right before so I can do that one again. smile
Did you do a replay in Tactician Mode?
The fights have gotten a bit easy here towards the end and I'm wondering if that will provide me with much more of a challenge...

Support
Support

Tactician mode will increase the difficulty overall, but still has the same issue of tending to get easier later in the game.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Crashing on DOS:EE so much that I can't actually start the game. Sometimes it's before it loads the main menu, other times it's during the load screen after creation. I have only got past character creation screen once so far, only to crash a minute later.

Windows event viewer says iggy_w64.dll is the faulting module.

Have used the clean DOS:EE my documents folder.
Have disabled windows defender, firewall, windows uac. Tried steam verify files.
Have run the analysis tool and everything passed.

K
stranger
stranger
K
Hi and thank you for a great game - really a pleasure to play until we ran into a problem 72 hours into the game.
We have gathered all blood stones and star stones and used every single one, but Zixzas standing outside the fire element portal and wont move to open chapel. We have been through the portal several times, and explored everything in the fire elemental room, but nothing happens ( Fire elemental room is not marked on the map btw).

At a very early point in the game we experienced a bug where I was teleported to te fire elemental room when returning to the end of time (before fire elemental room was unlocked)
I explored it, bought a couple of tomes, and used the pyramid to return to my friend - but i believe Zixzas is now stuck waiting for a trigger that already happened.

We have tried killing him as well as teleporting him around, but he is still stuck on the same dialog and not opening the last portal.

Anything we can do to make the next portal (Chapel) trigger?

Support
Support

Killing (or possibly just teleporting) Zixzax could reset an issue in D:OS Classic, but will not help in the EE.

Do you have the latest update for the game (2.0.119.430 on PC)? A handful of people ran into this issue (usually with the Hall of Darkness or Trader's Emporium) and there was a fix in one of the updates.

Please email supportdos@larian.com, with your latest save (or a Dropbox or Google drive link, etc).
Each save is a folder in the '..\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition\PlayerProfiles\<ProfileName>\Savegames_patch' folder in Windows and OSX, and the corresponding folder in the home directory for Linux.

K
stranger
stranger
K
Thankyou for your advice. I have sent an email to your support mail address containing a description of the issue as well as my latest save.

Support
Support

I emailed back as a save with the characters teleported, and a procedure to get the Hall of Flames cutscene conversation to trigger and get the last 2 portals open.

stranger
stranger
Recently bought the game off GoG, installed via GoG Galaxy.
I'm having an issue with the quest "Elf-Orc Blood Feud". I've managed to pickpocket the bloody amulet from Eglandaer, and I'd ask Aureus to arrest Eglandaer, who's apparently send a Legionnaire. The first time, the Legionnaire appeared and "arrested" Eglandaer, and walked off, but Eglandaer didn't follow. Since then, after reloading a previous save, the Legionnaire doesn't appear at all.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Hello,

I've been playing the game with a friend for a while now. We've put more than 80 hours into it and everything has been working perfect until recently. The game started randomly crashing after anywhere between 5 to 60 minutes. I am playing on Steam and on a pretty decent computer using 2 x369 controllers.

I get a black screen and the game crashes to the desktop. I also receive an error that says the my GPU was disconnected. I don't remember the exact error message but will post when I get it again. I have zero problems playing any other game, including new, demanding titles.

I searched for this issue online and saw Raze's reply on several forums. I tried everything outlined in those posts. Namely,

I shut down all non-essential programs. I don't use an antivirus.

I changed the graphics settings to low, even though the recommended settings for my system is high.

Vysnc is off. I tried doing 60 fps frame cap and no frame cap.

All graphics drivers and windows is up to date.

I restarted the Steam client several times, checked the integrity of the local files several times.

I'm launching the game from the exe file and running as admin.

Event viewer does show errors related to EoC exe. Details,
Faulting application name: EoCApp.exe, version: 2.0.119.430, time stamp: 0x56fd2c80
Faulting module name: EoCApp.exe, version: 2.0.119.430, time stamp: 0x56fd2c80
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000f880b5
Faulting process id: 0x2fc0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d2fab20bce7c59
Faulting application path: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition\Shipping\EoCApp.exe
Faulting module path: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition\Shipping\EoCApp.exe
Report Id: a8e8958f-1759-4064-b01c-f532a5cf5734
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

I'm at a loss here. It makes zero sense that the game has been running perfectly until now, but just started crashing randomly every time I run the game.

If it's going to help with anything, we finished sacred stone, are around level 16 and just finished hiberheim. I can provide system details if necessary.

Thanks

Last edited by canvelius; 13/07/17 02:30 AM.
Support
Support

Is this the error?
ID3D11Device: CreateTexture2D Failed!
Error: DXGI_Error_Device_Removed
Desc. Hardware Device Removed

That may be caused by hardware problems, since it was working fine for so long. See the topics:

DXGI ERROR Crash - turned WIN 10 conflict (reverting back to Win 8 avoided the problem)

DXGI device removed error/CreateTexture2D failed (fixed by a clean reinstall of the video drivers)

C
stranger
stranger
C
Thank you for your reply! Yes it is that error. I just removed MSI afterburner I installed but then stopped using a while ago. It seems to be working better now. If it happens again I will try those methods and report back. Cheers!

Last edited by canvelius; 13/07/17 05:04 AM.
Page 48 of 57 1 2 46 47 48 49 50 56 57

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard