Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
So let's say you have 1 point in Geomancer, you get a bonus that says 5% poison damage and 10% armor damage added to your Geomancer spells.

The problem you quickly realise as a Wizard, is that you could be using Geomancer for the earth magic such Fossil Strike and Impalement. Putting more points into Geomancer doesn't give you any bonus for these types of spells. (basing my opinion on what is written....so if its correct)

I believe that this is wrong, all magic's under a specific category should be influenced by the number of points you add into that said category... to promote the use of points into a category....otherwise you may as well unlock all skills...

That can be said to any other skill category. On top of that, so far Polymorph doesn't even tell me what bonus I would get for lvling up the skill above 1. Does it increases time for your invisibility spell? who knows

Is it because all skills from all category are receiving bonuses but it just isn't said?

Beside that, I'd like to point out that sneaking seem to become obsolete as you lvlup. An assassin can simply use the backstab or teleport to travel. Polymorph even offers Invisibility.

Also the epic weapon so far at lvl 6 requires 11 points into INT/STR/FIN depending on the item. Basically use 1 point of your 10 points that you've earn so far at lvl 6 to be able to use anything. You could even get an item that gives you that 1 point. To me an epic, the most specialized item should required more than using 10% of your points into the specified attribute...

Last edited by AngeliusMefyrx; 25/04/17 08:40 AM.
veteran
veteran
Polymorph gives you an additional attribute point for every level up.

The geomancer stuff is an issue often mentioned. Attribute and skills in general feel pretty dumbed down and less rewarding.

veteran
veteran
Yeah, Geomancer should also get a bonus to Earth Damage identical to its bonus to poison damage. Some people might complain that numerically speaking, they would get a larger bonus that the other schools. However, as far as I know, skills only do EITHER Earth damage OR Poison damage, but not both, so you're still only benefiting from one of them.

Not to mention that if there are skills which do both, or crafted skills which do both, it can be programmed in that the bonus is capped at X%, and is split in half. So using Poison Boulder Crush at Geo 1 gives a 2.5% bonus to both the earth and poison, totalling 5%, instead of 5% for each.

Beside that, I'd like to point out that sneaking seem to become obsolete as you lvlup. An assassin can simply use the backstab or teleport to travel. Polymorph even offers Invisibility.

Sneaking is more useful for avoiding fights or pre-positioning your characters in advantageous positions before the fight starts than it is during fights. That does not become obsolete. Sneak also has no cooldown and mobility skills do.

Also the epic weapon so far at lvl 6 requires 11 points into INT/STR/FIN depending on the item. Basically use 1 point of your 10 points that you've earn so far at lvl 6 to be able to use anything. You could even get an item that gives you that 1 point. To me an epic, the most specialized item should required more than using 10% of your points into the specified attribute...

It's a low level Epic. Larian does want to keep Hybrids viable (Hybrids need to invest in additional Memory to make use of their spread-out build). That said, at level 6 you have +12 attribute points, so the requirements could probably go up to 13 or 14 without much of a problem.

OP Offline
Originally Posted by Stabbey

Sneaking is more useful for avoiding fights or pre-positioning your characters in advantageous positions before the fight starts than it is during fights. That does not become obsolete. Sneak also has no cooldown and mobility skills do.

It's a low level Epic. Larian does want to keep Hybrids viable (Hybrids need to invest in additional Memory to make use of their spread-out build). That said, at level 6 you have +12 attribute points, so the requirements could probably go up to 13 or 14 without much of a problem.

Good thinking on the part of Sneaking.
For Epic, I agree with you, its just that at lvl6, it requires you 11 points.....so yes 13-14 would be a good fit.
I counted 10 btw since your first lvl is kind of a given...but yes 12 if you count four first lvl

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard