Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#602660 23/04/17 06:17 PM
Hiver Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
The Bridge

I infiltrated the Fort through the docks side, using the teleporting gloves and two characters teleporting each other and stealthing around. After looting in the fort itself, i can lower the big bridge which remains lowered for a long time and so i can escape the fort that way. Either immediately or later, going through the dungeons and prison from the other side.

But once i go far enough, - i think meeting with Gareth and the magisters in the ruins triggers the change, - the bridge is raised back up and all guards turn hostile regardless of how i chose to get back in. And of course regardless of the fact that nobody saw me doing it.

Its annoying i can lower the bridge without any of the guards in the fort noticing it. Its not exactly a small thing to move and there is a guard patrolling coming almost right next to it.

Lowering the bridge should be used as a trigger to set "prisoners escaped alarm" - not me running into some fight or a situation somewhere in the forest.

Especially in a situation as it is, with the forest being full of monsters and Seekers.

There should be at least one guard on the wall above the bridge, on the gate itself, better if there are two.
Which we would then need to either avoid by stealth or take out stealthily (without making the whole Fort hostile if we succeed) to get through there and to lower the bridge itself - which would then cause the alarm but still allow us to escape that way if we do it immediately.

And then the bridge should be brought back up right away. Instead of just being open for hours without anyone noticing it.

Judge Orivund trial

In the fort i can intercept Judge Orivund turning one of the prisoners into a Silent Monk.

The problem is:

I can stealth inside, go to the balcony(?) on the side above the prisoner and two guards, right next to the judge and few other magisters and i can teleport the prisoner away from the judge before he turns her into a Silent Monk.
If i succeed - which is easy to do - the "trial" is interrupted and combat starts immediately.

BUT - regardless of where i teleport the prisoner elf she just calmly walks back to her previous position, while the fight is going on - and the effect of turning her into a Silent Monk still happens anyway.

Even though the judge Orivund and other magisters there are engaged in combat with me.
This happens regardless of how i start the combat, but is especially annoying if i actually teleport the prisoner out of judge reach and sight.

I object! Leading the witness!

She should not walk back to her position. She should either get knocked out for the duration of the fight, go into "covering in fear" mode, or join the fight on my side.

There should be a possibility for us to keep her alive through the fight. And if we succeed she should follow us around and either escape into the forest through one of the escape routes - easiest and quickest being in the judge room. Or follow us back to the Fort where she would be killed by the guards, one way or another, which would also make all guards hostile to us and so on.

Nebora getting my collar off

After just one and the easiest fight in the underground? Really?

That completely ruins any sense of seriousness of the problem or importance of collars. And it pretty much ruins the whole set up for the whole plot. She never even mentions or explains why she takes the collar off only for my main character and not the others. or you know,... herself and anyone else in the whole camp!

There is an easy solution to all these very illogical consequences and problems they create for the whole plot.

Move the whole fighting club somewhere outside of the prison. Then it would actually make some kind of sense. And provide opportunity to get the collars off - one by one, for each fight won - without mandatory aliance with the Seekers.

Which would then not be mandatory, so the players would actually have a choice. We could then even "work for the magisters" (undercover or openly) or play the both sides against each other if we want to.

The classic "for a fist full of coins" double play.

Traders inside the fort

Are equally bad for the plot and the whole narrative.
They should not have all the magical items for sale and those should not change and get better as we level up.

The usual prisoners who sell stuff should only deal with basic items and resources for crafting. Nothing else.

There could be a magister looking to trade better stuff but that should only become an option if we do something for him, or convince him otherwise, either through blackmail or through getting some "errand" done.

All the other better items, especially magical ones should be available only outside of the forest or from killing magisters and higher level enemies themselves.

The undead trader that is just outside of the fort bridge exit should be moved somewhere deeper into the forest.
It makes no sense to have him stand right there where he is, selling high level items right in front of the Fort itself.

veteran
veteran
The Bridge

I do not mind that you can lower the bridge by Stealth and escape without being seen that way. Although it is a fair enough point that it could be a bit better guarded since there is at least one other stealth exit.

The bridge being raised back up is okay if you left some magisters alive in the fort.There's one who patrols near the bridge who could and should raise it up. But it probably should happen sooner than it does.

But Magisters magically being able to tell if you have stepped outside the prison despite never witnessing it is dumb and has to go. It's not that if you get two far away, it's literally a "has left the prison at some point" flag. You can send one person outside to activate the waypoint, and have someone in the prison who uses a waypoint to leave, then immediately return. Total time outside: 3 seconds. That person is instantly attacked by all guards on sight forever even though they have no possible way to know you left the prison. It's dumb and MUST be removed. It's pointless having that flag at all.

Judge Orivund trial.

I have pretty much NEVER seen the Judge Orivund Scene, because it's easy to sneak around the edge of that room, and there's no need to get their attention. It seems like something very important, which would be a cutscene in most other games, but unfortunately, the way the game is designed means it can't have cutscenes without players being in dialogue. Maybe when you get within a certain radius of that, "Narrator dialogue" triggers allowing the cutscene to play. But that would also probably mean that it would almost never trigger the "player is caught" dialogue.

Looks like there is some more coding work needed. It would probably be best if the prisoner just cowered in place if you teleported them. Them going back and being transformed even though everyone else is occupied and can't cast the transformation spell should not happen.

I think that having an NPC follow you around and escape is exactly the kind of huge headache which Larian does NOT want to deal with though. I think cowering in fear and refusing to move would be the best way to solve that NPC who you teleport away.

Nebora getting my collar off.

I agree that it does not make much sense for you to fight with a team, win as a team, win a whopping ONE (1) round and be proclaimed "The One", and only the created character matters at all and only they get their collar off.

In fact actual dialogue says that you can't become the one from just winning one round.

The issue here is that it is a Multiplayer-Only quest which has been shoehorned into single-player very badly. In Multiplayer, there's two teams of two player characters each, which fight first a 2-on-2 battle, and then the winning team fights each other 1-on-1. That kinda works to produce "The One", but it really doesn't work at all in single-player.

What they should do is have three rounds in both single-player and multiplayer. First round is the four party members against 4 AI. Then the next round if the players won, it's 2 players vs 2 AI OR 2 players vs 2 players. Third round, the winning team fights against itself, so 1 player vs 1 player or 1 AI controlling your party member.

Traders inside the fort

This is still a videogame. At some point, "realism" is going to have to give way for the sake of fun. "Ultimate Realism" is not the be-all and end-all goal which all videogames must prioritize at all costs.

So I do not care at all about traders inside the fort existing and selling you things and letting you get better stuff. Leave that in, taking it out is bad for gameplay and therefore would be a stupid idea for Larian to do.

Your idea of moving the undead trader is especially poor given that there are a bunch of other difficult encounters all over.

Hiver Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
I do not mind that you can lower the bridge by Stealth and escape without being seen that way.

Thats not the problem.

The problem is lowering the bridge without anyone noticing that the main bridge of the Fort is lowered. The main entrance into the whole Fort practically besieged or at least surrounded by monsters and enemies.

Despite there being guards around just next to it. And one guard patrolling just almost right up to the entrance itself.

The bridge being raised back up is okay if you left some magisters alive in the fort.There's one who patrols near the bridge who could and should raise it up. But it probably should happen sooner than it does.

Of course its ok for the bridge to be raised up again. Its not only "ok" but it is mandatory.

What is NOT OK, as i said, is that nobody notices it and it is raised back up only much later, when i reach some point deep enough into the forest. (or just step outside of the fort for a few seconds, whatever triggers the flag)

It should happen immediately and raise alarms as soon as it is lowered. So that you as a player get a sense of actually doing something significant.

Thats the main bloody entrance into the Fort.
You do not lower the bridges into forts and castles as if you just opened any ordinary door. Especially not forts or castles in such a situation.

There is plenty of very easy escape routes already so this one should not be so easy or so empty of any reaction or consequences - even if they would only be cosmetic.

But Magisters magically being able to tell if you have stepped outside the prison despite never witnessing it is dumb and has to go. It's not that if you get two far away, it's literally a "has left the prison at some point" flag. You can send one person outside to activate the waypoint, and have someone in the prison who uses a waypoint to leave, then immediately return. Total time outside: 3 seconds. That person is instantly attacked by all guards on sight forever even though they have no possible way to know you left the prison. It's dumb and MUST be removed. It's pointless having that flag at all.

Ive seen that thread of yours and i completely agree.
I meant to add this post of mine to it but decided to make a separate thread since it is about plot and narrative inconsistencies more then just about that "feature" you and others criticize in depth and very correctly.

About the Orivund trial - procedure:
Looks like there is some more coding work needed. It would probably be best if the prisoner just cowered in place if you teleported them. Them going back and being transformed even though everyone else is occupied and can't cast the transformation spell should not happen.

I think that having an NPC follow you around and escape is exactly the kind of huge headache which Larian does NOT want to deal with though. I think cowering in fear and refusing to move would be the best way to solve that NPC who you teleport away.

No, the huge headache is leaving the situation play out as it does now.

If she just covers in fear while you solve the fight... what happens with her then?

One NPC following you around for a very short time is no problem at all to make. (the bloody black cat does it) You either lead her into the judge room and she escapes through that exit or you make a mistake of returning to the prison where she is killed by guards specifically aiming at her - just like they kill the black cat if you come close to the gate of the Fort with her. I would guess that most of the players would be able to figure out going back to the prison with her in tow, being unable to sneak, would be a bad idea. But if anyone does it the easy solution of guards killing her would be very logical and appropriate for the plot and story of the game.

Additionally if she escapes into the forest you can just find her body near some traps or near some encounter, or even find her alive and get a small reward for helping her.

Its all very easy to script.

This is basic kind of gameplay behavior you must have if you want to have a really good game of this kind. And from what i see of the game scripted events and features this would be an easy one to make.

The other solution is not to allow this to happen at all by changing the situation in a few obvious ways, but since this is a game which wants to be remarkable for its options and reactivity and praises itself on how players invented different approaches to things - i dont think thats the right way to go about it.

Especially for this case which would be easy to script to allow and recognize the player inventiveness and agency.

Nebora getting the collar off.

I agree that it does not make much sense for you to fight with a team, win as a team, win a whopping ONE (1) round and be proclaimed "The One", and only the created character matters at all and only they get their collar off.

In fact actual dialogue says that you can't become the one from just winning one round.

The issue here is that it is a Multiplayer-Only quest which has been shoehorned into single-player very badly.

Its not only that you get your collar off for such an easy single fight. They can easily adjust that so you need to win more fights.

The even bigger problem is that there is someone who can easily break the unbreakable magic collars on which the whole intro into the story and a lot of its main plot is based on!

And that she doesnt take off her own collar or collars from other prisoners and those fighters underground!

Which are in the prison itself!

Now, if they were actually planning some sort of revolt or escape so they are waiting for the right moment i could accept that... but there is no such thing even hinted at.

But that would require such revolt to be scripted which is a huge amount of work.

So - the best way to solve all these issues is to move that underground arena somewhere outside of the prison and into the other part of the island. Plenty of old ruins to do so and it would make sense in the plot as it is that only those who prove to be capable enough to reach that part of the island are even allowed to fight in such a contest.

Additionally that would open the possibility for the player to get rid of the collars without forcing him to side with the Seekers.

Traders inside the fort

This is still a videogame. At some point, "realism" is going to have to give way for the sake of fun. "Ultimate Realism" is not the be-all and end-all goal which all videogames must prioritize at all costs.

Thats basically a false equivalence fallacy and a strawman argument since i dont argue for any kind of "ultimate realism" simulator.

Whats worse, that kind of fallacious argument can be leveled against any feature in the game, including the problem of guards being telepathic about your escape.

What i argue for is internal consistency and internal logic which would improve the narrative and the gameplay of the game.

You just cant have a prison which is supposed to be an actual concentration camp cut off from the world - where trading is no different then in an ordinary city - and think it sill make any sense at all.

The things as they are now make this "prison":

1. A place that has as many holes for escape as a swiss cheese. (pun intended)

2. A place where high level items are traded freely as if there is some kind of supply of those and its not an island cut off from the world.

3. Place where guards actually dont have any problem with prisoners who are supposed to be dangerous Source wizards running around in high level and even epic gear, and in possession of high level weapons.

4. A place and where the collar which is supposed to be a "Very Bad Thing" that suppresses magic abilities - does no such thing AND can be removed in five minutes.

And we are supposed to buy this is some kind of evil dangerous prison/concentration camp place?

Is that a joke?

Your idea of moving the undead trader is especially poor given that there are a bunch of other difficult encounters all over.

The first encounters you run into are not difficult at all.

You can easily get to level 4 in the prison itself and it would make sense that you get better gear as you progress through the forest.

The undead trader would be much better places somewhere after the first group of undead you meet.

On the far left you have that "witch" escapee who is a trader too, you have several dead magisters, one hidden treasure and that tower with a few good items, just before you find the ship. Then you have Gareth and the fight in the ruins. - Lots of loot.

Why not put the undead trader outside of those ruins, to the left, on the ruined road where the old entrance to the ruin is?
So you encounter him after you went through some fights and so got some loot to trade? It would still be a convenient placement just before the ambush in the area with the burning piggies but it wouldnt be so bloody lousy as it is now.

On the far right you have various traps and some treasures too. Encounter with voidwoken and the Seekers camp.

There is absolutely no reason or any kind of internal logic sense to have an undead trader right in front of the fort full of magisters who consider all such beings abominations that must be destroyed.

It does not make any internal sense, and it makes lousy convenient gameplay handholding.

Just like those traders inside the prison.

veteran
veteran
I think one of the overall issues is that Larian isn't really paying attention to whether or not the game world makes sense. There are a lot of little sloppy mistakes and missteps which suggest that they haven't thought through a bunch of stuff.

The bridge thing is a fair point, although there isn't really an presence on the island threatening the fort. The skeletons are territorial, but they aren't exactly laying siege.

There is one other thing to consider though before adding in stuff to the bridge gate. That encounter is also tied to the Paladin Cork encounter through the patrolling guard.

If she just covers in fear while you solve the fight... what happens with her then?

If she survives the fight, she just refuses to move, continuing to quake in terror. That's even easier to script than having her follow the player around or escape, and it doesn't come with the inevitable follow-up question: "Why can't we lead other prisoners to an island escape?"

Its not only that you get your collar off for such an easy single fight. They can easily adjust that so you need to win more fights.

The even bigger problem is that there is someone who can easily break the unbreakable magic collars on which the whole intro into the story and a lot of its main plot is based on!

And that she doesnt take off her own collar or collars from other prisoners and those fighters underground!

Which are in the prison itself!

Now, if they were actually planning some sort of revolt or escape so they are waiting for the right moment i could accept that... but there is no such thing even hinted at.

But that would require such revolt to be scripted which is a huge amount of work.

So - the best way to solve all these issues is to move that underground arena somewhere outside of the prison and into the other part of the island. Plenty of old ruins to do so and it would make sense in the plot as it is that only those who prove to be capable enough to reach that part of the island are even allowed to fight in such a contest.

Additionally that would open the possibility for the player to get rid of the collars without forcing him to side with the Seekers.

Well, Voidwoken ARE attracted to Sourcerers. Some people in Fort Joy might believe that it's best to keep the collars on than be eaten by those. Others might not see any real hope of escape even if they left the boundaries of the fort (and they might be right since apparently the only way off for US is to steal the Magister's flagship which no doubt has a troop contingent on it.

I do not think that is strictly necessary to move the arena elsewhere, or that moving it elsewhere makes any more sense than leaving it in prison. This island is not a friendly place, there are no settlements on it except the Fort and Seeker Camp. Why are there people in the middle of nowhere on an undead infested island having arena pit fights for fun?

I suspect that if you don't have your collars off by the time you get on the boat to escape the island, something you find on the magister's ship will remove the collars off of anyone who still has them, and that will be unavoidable. That will make sense because as a Magister ship which can transport prisoners, it will certainly have the facilities for putting on and removing collars. At least that's how I would design it. So I suspect siding with the Seekers will be optional in any case.

Thats basically a false equivalence fallacy and a strawman argument since i dont argue for any kind of "ultimate realism" simulator.

Whats worse, that kind of fallacious argument can be leveled against any feature in the game, including the problem of guards being telepathic about your escape.

All right, that was the wrong argument for me to make. I shall make a different one. (However, part of my argument against psychic guards is that they do NOT serve any reasonable gameplay purpose.)

What i argue for is internal consistency and internal logic which would improve the narrative and the gameplay of the game.

You just cant have a prison which is supposed to be an actual concentration camp cut off from the world - where trading is no different then in an ordinary city - and think it sill make any sense at all.

I have agreed that the prison economy should work differently. I complained vigorously about the useless paintings which were somehow worth a lot of gold to prisoners, and I have suggested in the past that food and medical supplies should be high-value items. I don't think that

I disagree, though, with your premise that having no stores or stores which sell only garbage would improve the gameplay. The way enemies health and armor scales up, a character using out-of-date weapons is little more than dead weight in a fight. Especially at early levels.

They would need to put in a LOT of pre-placed items of all sorts all over the place.

The things as they are now make this "prison":

1. A place that has as many holes for escape as a swiss cheese. (pun intended)

2. A place where high level items are traded freely as if there is some kind of supply of those and its not an island cut off from the world.

3. Place where guards actually dont have any problem with prisoners who are supposed to be dangerous Source wizards running around in high level and even epic gear, and in possession of high level weapons.

4. A place and where the collar which is supposed to be a "Very Bad Thing" that suppresses magic abilities - does no such thing AND can be removed in five minutes.

And we are supposed to buy this is some kind of evil dangerous prison/concentration camp place?

Is that a joke?

1. And what exactly are you suggesting? Removing a lot of options and choice so that there is only one or two viable possibilities of escape?

2. Absolutely 100% necessary for gameplay which isn't incredibly frustrating and will make half the players quit before reaching level 4.

3. See 2.

4. It is not supposed to suppress "magic". It is supposed to suppress SOURCE. Which attracts Voidwoken and such. It's pretty clearly spelled out. Or do you expect the game should let you roll up a mage and then tell you "sorry you can't cast spells until level 6"?

The first encounters you run into are not difficult at all.

Bullshit. Unless they've substantially changed them from the last patch, which I doubt, even the first fight between the party at the same level as the skeletons was quite difficult. You need decent gear to handle those fights, and you're suggesting that you have no good gear in the prison, and no vendor outside the prison until after you beat those skeletons with your poor quality sticks.

Plus this is a game where you can have a huge varieties of party configuration, so difficulty is quite variable.

Last edited by Stabbey; 24/04/17 01:48 PM.
veteran
veteran
I already suggested, remove this absurd amount of traders and replace them with improved looting and quest rewards.

- Make the prison island more dire and tone down the difficulty of enemies. You will feel a much better immersion effect of freedom after you left the island, if only there you find real traders to spend all your treasures.
- Let enemies drop more of their loot. Killing your guard and taking is stuff to strengthen yourself is normally kind of a no-brainer-method of prison breaking. They already improved some of the looting with more unique, but the traders will still make the loot pretty pointless soon?
- Let prisoners and so have their secret stash of skill books or so, which they will share with you, if you did a favor for you. Don't make the trade so openly. Like the healer in the Seeker camp, who seels healing skills but knows nobody in the camp who could heal those desperate for healing? That is the biggest bullshit scenerios ever?

The Arena surely would need more fights and probably more difficult fight after the first. But on the other hand, how the hell are they getting so tough fighters in a dire prison. Why could they not just prison break with those?

veteran
veteran
I think I'll post my big post on immersion problems as well.

Originally Posted by Kalrakh
I already suggested, remove this absurd amount of traders and replace them with improved looting and quest rewards.

- Make the prison island more dire and tone down the difficulty of enemies. You will feel a much better immersion effect of freedom after you left the island, if only there you find real traders to spend all your treasures.
- Let enemies drop more of their loot. Killing your guard and taking is stuff to strengthen yourself is normally kind of a no-brainer-method of prison breaking. They already improved some of the looting with more unique, but the traders will still make the loot pretty pointless soon?
- Let prisoners and so have their secret stash of skill books or so, which they will share with you, if you did a favor for you. Don't make the trade so openly. Like the healer in the Seeker camp, who seels healing skills but knows nobody in the camp who could heal those desperate for healing? That is the biggest bullshit scenerios ever?

A lot of those changes, and Hivers as well could be done, but Larian would have to put in a lot more additional things to the prison, and it's debatable whether they would consider that worthwhile considering that the time spent in prison is only until level 4 and half the first act.

The Arena surely would need more fights and probably more difficult fight after the first. But on the other hand, how the hell are they getting so tough fighters in a dire prison. Why could they not just prison break with those?

This is another issue with the prison. I think it could be solved by having some level 12 guards, at the gate and a whole new floor of them. Guards which the players don't have the ability to beat in combat can only be dealt with by avoiding combat, and it neatly explains why we can't kill all the guards and free all the prisoners.

Hiver Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
The prison and the island are fine as they are. A prison which is actually a horrendous concentration camp on a very dangerous island that use to be Braccus Rex laboratory for abominations and horrors - is a good starting setup. But they need some tweaks to be more believable in those roles. Nothing big or drastic though.

The game is not difficult at all right now, and its especially not that difficult that you have to have traders inside a prison selling high level items. I never said they should sell complete garbage, so Stabbey, try to not put words in my mouth. As a rule of thumb, if i dont say something its a good bet i dont actually mean it.

The traders can sell items appropriate for that area and resources for crafting - thus enabling the players to make their own better weapons appropriate for the very start of the game. Which would be very fitting for a PRISON. Any other higher level loot can be easily found by fighting for it, stealing it, getting it from the guards in a few different ways.

Thats what you are supposed to do in a bloody prison. I would rather have a some appropriate small sub quests about it then to get equipment by shopping sprees as if its a normal town and the situation is all dandy.

My point of four major "funny prison features" is that the prison is already pretty easy and lax in several major ways so there is no need to make it even worse by having traders selling loads of weapons and equipment. The feel and the atmosphere of the place would be better if there was a bit stronger sense of adversity and scarcity about it .

Its not like we are meant to spend a lot of time there anyway, we have several easy ways out but if the place is too easy in addition to all that it destroys the plot starting setup and makes the gameplay worse too.

Im not suggesting any kind of actual serious prison simulation. Or that it should be made punishingly difficult. No need for such nonsense extremes. I just want this pretense to be a little bit more believable then it is right now. Because right now the whole thing is actually ridiculous.

I hope this is only because its still an alpha/beta of the game and that the devs are planning to remove at least that extra convenience.

As for the underground arena fighting club, they are some kind of a cult. So as a cult it would be a bit more believable and much more appropriate to find them somewhere else rather then inside a bloody prison.

If it was just some NPCs fighting bareknuckled amongst themselves that would be one thing, but a whole underground cult full of high level NPCs and high level gear? And they can remove the collars that easily too?
While being so numerous and well equipped they could annihilate the magisters easily.

The fact we can use magic without any problem only makes the situation even worse. Whether the Source is very different then magic or not, or what actually attracts the void creatures is a whole discussion for itself. I bet no void creatures jump at you once you get the collar off and start using "void spells" which are actually normal spells we had in the previous game.

The collars should stay at least until we are out of the prison. And its too easy to get them off in the Seakers camp too. All it takes is some ordinary NPC snapping the fingers.

Your refusal of a very easy and quick addition for that elf prisoner and judge Orivund situation doesnt make any sense to me. The question why cant you liberate other prisoners is there regardless of that situation. If its not bothering you usually then it should not be an issue here where the exit is very close - in that same room basically. This way the players would at least have a sense of saving somebody. And she at least has a better understanding of what is actually going on, unlike the prisoners outside of the Fort.

My suggestion makes sense for that situation and it would be easy to do.
While leaving her to just cover in fear forever does nothing. Stealthing in and teleporting her away before she can be turned into a silent monk, then killing the judge and the guards requires some minimal closure and resolution.

I was just going to suggest the guards inside the prison should be higher level. That would make their control more believable and prevent players from killing all of them at the very start of the game.

We are not meant to spend a lot of time in the prison itself, but we are supposed to spend some time there at the start and get introduced to the basics of the plot and the overall atmosphere and situation.

Thats precisely why it is important for this beginning of the game to be done in better ways.

In a plot and narrative as they are - the correct feel and the atmosphere are very important.

The player actions and options, the very gameplay we create is a crucial part of the story and so whatever options we have cannot be ridiculous or too easy - in a story that is trying not to be ridiculous and too easy.

Hiver Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Ill just throw in some screenshots of other bugs and weird stuff here so i dont make separate threads about it.

[Linked Image]

I cannot fly to the floor to the right here. I want a refund for these wings.

[Linked Image]

I can "fly" to this floor on the left but only because there is an actual floor in between which is invisible in this moment so... i can fly only over floors? What kind of crap wings are these?

[Linked Image]

Rivellon fashion is sometimes... very special.

[Linked Image]

Why cant i use those carts when i really need them!?

[Linked Image]

Ifan doesnt need your puny bows.

[Linked Image]

Ifan shoots arrows with his hands! The secret kung fu skills of Lone Wolves!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Ok so, here is the situation almost at the end of a very long combat sequence. Radeka and her gang managed to take out everyone except the Red Prince and i managed to take out everyone except her and her inquisitor skeleton mage.

What ensued then is Radeka repeatedly charming The Red prince and then healing and buffing him, while he also healed and buffed Radeka and the inquisitor - and ate and drank half of the inventory of potions and food.

Only for the charm to wear off, after which i would damage Radeka in my turn, the Inquisotor would heal her and she would then charm me again while the Inquisotor healed her and the Red Prince depending on if he was charmed or not.
While Red prince also healed and buffed both Radeka and the Inquisitor.

It took a while.

[Linked Image]

All the loot containers in these roses are very difficult to actually pin point and activate since only a very small area of each container is actually reacting to the mouseover. And these far away few can be looted only from the high rock above.

Hiver Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Played a bit more, went back to the underground arena once i got the collars off but apparently there is no other fights? Isnt there supposed to be some kind of tournament there? It makes even less sense like this...

How do i open the Braccus Rex vault, in those ruins where you meet Gareth? I blessed the lever and oppened the door but i cant do anything inside with that pillar. I tried while wearing the ring cursed ring but nothing happens. Blessing it doesnt work either. I also tried to save the magister outside and blessed him and the blood he was lying in but he died. Is that supposed to happen?

I loaded the early save and tried to save that elf from judge Orivand. The prison escape exit is actually just to the left of the judge. I confused it with the exit in the judge room at first.

- If i try to teleport the elf out through the main door she just goes hostile, without being changed into a silent monk. Depending on my position the judge and the guards sometimes go hostile, sometimes not.

- If i teleport her into the judge room she goes hostile alone of the judge cannot see me.

- If the judge sees me immediately she gets turned into a silent monk regardless of anything else.

- If i teleport the judge she gets turned into the silent monk immediately without the cutscene-dialogue playing out.

- If i teleport her in some position where she doesnt get hostile she just starts walking back and gets turned regardless of what judge is doing or not.

But I actually managed to teleport her all the way out of the fort without starting the fight with the judge. He just keeps doing his usual dialogue lines as if nothing happened.

To do so i have to teleport her into the escape exit itself without being noticed, like this:

[Linked Image]

And then go stealth again and close the way back into the fort, like so:

[Linked Image]

and so:

[Linked Image]

And then i can heal her and teleport her down to the beach:

[Linked Image]

but then when i get back into the fort, guess what i see?

[Linked Image]

Also, much later in the game, the damn bridge is open again:

[Linked Image]

No idea why.

veteran
veteran
There is only a tournament if there is more than one player or more than one player created char.

Hiver Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
I meant several fights, whatever form they take.

It doesnt seem like a finished feature. Anycase, if it was me i would move the whole thing outside of the prison or Fort Joy.
Someone in the prison can give the player "directions" to it, mark it on the map etc. Easy to make it a part of some sub quest in prison.

Any idea what to do with that Braccus Rex vault?
The one on the left of the map.

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Originally Posted by Hiver
How do i open the Braccus Rex vault, in those ruins where you meet Gareth? I blessed the lever and oppened the door but i cant do anything inside with that pillar. I tried while wearing the ring cursed ring but nothing happens. Blessing it doesnt work either.
To open the pillar you need a source point. It tells you as much in the dialogue - it says "you feel like an empty vessel" or something similar.

As there is no source puddles or source points from purging wands any more you need to absorb contents of a soul jar.

The best (in terms of not losing XP) would be one of the 3 skeletons - i.e. not the Jester or Granita. Or Withemore.

It isn't worth it though really imo.

Hiver Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Oh right, thanx.

Ive kept all the jars except Granitas to see where i can use them so i didnt have any source points and didnt connect that with that hint you get. Because technically speaking i did not have my source taken away or removed and i removed the collars.

I thought maybe i need to put on all the cursed items so the pillar thinks im Braccus but that didnt work either.

btw,

In the gargoyle maze most of the doors are randomly showing as open, but you cant go through and when you click on the door itself it says they are closed. They just look like they are open. Mostly those around the burning librarian area.

Also when i teleport through those shining portals a character randomly drops off the "grid" of the game and ends in a black void. When i go through the first one we end up in some kind of small "hell" map and then characters that step on the lever also sometimes randomly end in the black void.

But they also come back to the group after everyone else gets out.

When i get into the castle inside and find the skelletons i cant give them their soul jars although i have them already.

Hiver Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Hey, there is a normal flight with those wings... i just didnt see the new icon for it the first time.
Must have slipped into the second line of the Ui or i just didnt expect there would be a second icon - spell for that spell.

I had a few general crashes, usually in a middle of some bigger fight with lots of effects around. And i think it happened when you try to click and drink a potion too quickly, after some move or after another character was just ending its own move.

I also managed to throw Radeka the witch into the black Void outside of the game, but she did come back after i dispatched her cronies. I think you can achieve that bug by fast clicking the teleport on the exact same spot the character is in.

I went through that part of the Gargoyle maze again but there was no falling out of the game now. First time it started happening because i quickly teleported a character up on that small balcony where the first portal is.
And then it was happening more inside that small "realm" map you need to go through while stepping over the switch there.

[Linked Image]

I can get to the ledge to the right, but i cant get to the area in the left corner where another teleport portal can be seen. Not sure if that is intentional or not.

Also,
[Linked Image]

I cant walk to these stairs from that position Ifan is on. I have to teleport or jump. Seems a bit too much of a restriction.

[Linked Image]

Couldnt heal the Librarian. Tried everything i could think of. Blessing doesnt work.
There are no other hints and i cant do anything with any water, magic or otherwise. The only thing i didnt try is bringing a barrel of water there and dropping it on him but that shouldnt work either.

Am i supposed to kill him?

The Necromancers in the castle there are not reacting when i release their souls from the jars. They do drop dead if i consume their souls but thats it.

I killed them several times in the usual way and they keep raising up as expected by their narrative, although after four five times they resurrected without any magic or physical armor. But i didnt push it more to see if anything different will happen.

And this sometimes happens,
[Linked Image]

but usually goes away after some time and reloads.

-

oh yeah, i cleaned the Fort and all other magisters, raised the bridge up myself... and then after walking around and returning in a minute it was down again.

veteran
veteran
You need blessed blood underneath him as far as I know.

Hiver Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
That doesnt make any sense but mkay.

And the blessed blood doesnt work on that magister in Rex armory.

Conflicting signals, Larian.

veteran
veteran
Yeah, it looks pretty random, that what worked for the pigs does not work here. Also hard to understand why it should work here.

Hiver Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Ive solved the pigs problem by just blessing them directly now.
And the librarian doesnt have any blood around him so i need to jump onto that ...err, thing he is on and first damage him, but he is a skeleton so he shouldn't really bleed when hit...

I suppose its one of the things that has been fully implemented yet in this alpha or beta of the game.
So this post can be a reminder about that encounter.

I am not expecting everything will work in these builds, just noting what i see is not working or needs fixing.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Just teleport the librarian to the ground and cast bless on the pool of blood that forms around him. That's the sure-fire method.

Last edited by Kelsier; 28/04/17 09:05 PM.
Hiver Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Sure, or do what i said, but im just pointing out that there is no hint about how to solve that situation anywhere close to it and that its not very consistent with how other such very similar situations are solved.
And skeletons should really not bleed whatever you do to them.

This thread is a list of stuff i found in this alpha/beta that needs fixing or making better. Which is what this kind of build of the game is for.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard