Next Thread
Print Thread
#602912 29/04/17 03:12 AM
C
Bugfinder General
OP Offline
Bugfinder General
C
OK, as soon as I entered the room, the imp attacked me now he's in imp heaven. As I recall (foggily), in my last game, I talked to him and he told me who was the real one and I went somewhere with a bunch of bees and wasps at war. Am I hosed?

Support
Support

If you have a save before killing the imp, you can manually hex edit a file in the save folder to fix him being hostile (see Help, the imps hate me!!), or use a program created by Jem in the Steam discussion Imp Council Member.

If you don't have a recent save that you can revert back to, it is possible to resurrect the imp using the procedure in the Reviving dead NPCs topic (see also the topic Teleporting Anywhere, via hex editor as a reference).

If you zip the data.000 file from your latest save and email it to me (raze@larian.com), I can resurrect the imp.
Each save is a folder in the '..\SteamApps\common\divine_divinity\Savegames' folder (or similarly for the GOG install path).

Raze #603027 01/05/17 02:25 AM
C
Bugfinder General
OP Offline
Bugfinder General
C
Just feedback - worked like a charm except for a little issue where, despite my indicating the file be extracted to the correct folder, it went elsewhere (to downloads) and I couldn't find it for a while smile Well, I never said I was computer savvy and that was a "my end" bad. I so envy you young whippersnappers that grew up with computers!

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by caninelegion
Just feedback - worked like a charm except for a little issue where, despite my indicating the file be extracted to the correct folder, it went elsewhere (to downloads) and I couldn't find it for a while smile Well, I never said I was computer savvy and that was a "my end" bad. I so envy you young whippersnappers that grew up with computers!

I'm not exactly feeling like a whippersnapper considering I'm 50 next year! D: How did that happen? But yeah, been playing video games on and off since I was about 10.

J'aime le fromage.
C
Bugfinder General
OP Offline
Bugfinder General
C
Present company exempted. opa

What did you play at 10? That would be circa 1977 - I don't recall PCs being around then. Must have been pong and other TV connected games. When I was working for the Amoco Production Co. in 1981, we had Hewitt Packard PCs that we called "smart terminals" where we composed the seismic sections then sent them to the main frame computer for processing but even in the late 80s, all I remember were things like Z-100s.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
A lad up our street did indeed have a Pong machine. biggrin Actually I was slightly underwhelmed, though that probably wasn't helped as he was rationed as to how long he could use it: I recall some people discovered the hard way that TV burn-in was a thing!

After that it would've been the arcade machines, and my inevitable story is that my grandfather would take me around the arcades so I could watch him playing the latest games! By the early '80s pretty much everyone at school had either an Atari 2600 or a home computer like a Spectrum or something like that: PCs were extremely rare because they were hideously expensive: a standard home computer was £100-200 but even a basic PC was over a couple of grand, IIRC; even the likes of the Apple 2 was way out of most people's league. I didn't encounter my first PC until my last year at college in the late '80s, but by that time I'd discovered the internet and suddenly green-screens were a much more tempting way of wasting time than this newfangled PC.

I never did anything as exciting as monitoring seismic stuff! I got roped into doing tax calculations and... meh.

J'aime le fromage.

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard