Next Thread
Print Thread
#603759 17/05/17 11:33 PM
P
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
I have had to go through support for several of my past few games, so I apologize if any of what I say is rude or annoying or whatever.

As my title for this post, Any time I click the end turn button on the Bridge map, my game crashes, and I have to hard restart my computer.

I went through the standard set of troubleshooting, including verifying, reinstalling my game files. I also went through your FAQ for technical support, and none of the previous people have had this issue. I ran the troubleshooting program and saw that Steam didn't auto exec the DirectX files, so I went through that, but I am still having the same problem.

I am using a laptop, but NVIDIA is my primary GPU.

Any help?

Support
Support

So other areas are fine?

Do you have the same problem hitting Space, rather than using the button, to end the current turn?

Did you try Alt-F4 to quite the game, or Ctrl-Shift-Esc or Ctrl-Alt-Del to bring up the Task Manager?

Are you shutting down all non-essential programs (especially anti-virus) before starting the game?

If you check the Event Viewer, does that give an error code or 'Faulting Module' file name that might help identify the cause of the crash?
- click Start (or WinKey-R), then type "event viewer" into the search box. in Windows 10, 'event' should bring up 'View event logs'.
- after starting the Event Viewer, expand 'Windows Logs' in the left column and select 'Application'
- in the center column, look for a recent error (maybe sort by Date and Time) for the game
- check the information under the 'General' tab below the list of events, starting with "Faulting application name..."

Please email supportdos2@larian.com, with a description (or link to this topic) and a save during combat where this occurs (or a Dropbox or Google drive link, etc).
Each save is a folder in the '..\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin 2\PlayerProfiles\<ProfileName>\Savegames' folder. In Windows Explorer you can zip file(s) and folder(s) by right clicking on it/them and selecting 'Send To | Compressed (zipped) Folder'.

Raze #603762 18/05/17 03:35 AM
P
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
My entire computer becomes unresponsive when the crash occurs, so Alt+F4 doesn't do anything, let alone trying to get to Task Manager.

As for looking through the Event logs, I can't seem to find the game, or at least I am unsure what the game would be labeled as in the logs.

For a bit more clarification, this crash occurs the moment I click end turn on the Map, this isn't happening during combat since I can't get past the start. Everything else seems fine and dandy(minus a few sound blips)

I have the same problem in the other game modes (I haven't tried multiplayer) where I click the Hourglass, and my entire computer becomes unresponsive.

Support
Support

Ok, so this is for Dragon Commander?

If sorting by 'Date and Time' doesn't list the error at or near the top (most recent), it is likely no entry is being recorded, with the entire system locking up. In the right pane there should be a Find function, though (or use Ctrl-F), which you can use to search for DCApp.

Try lowering the game resolution and graphics settings, and switch to windowed mode, to see if that makes a difference.

You can try a multiplayer game against AI, and see if clicking End Turn freezes there, as well. If you try without making any moves, you should get a warning message come up the first time you click the button

P
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
The game seems to work in Windowed mode fine. Is there a fix to keep the game full screened? Playing it in a window isn't how I enjoy playing games.

As for graphical settings it auto defaulted to low.

Support
Support

Did you try fake fullscreen? That would have the game scaled to fill the screen without changing the resolution.

Check for updated graphics drivers, and Windows updates in general (especially anything DirectX related).

Try browsing to the '..\SteamApps\common\Dragon Commander\Shipping' folder, right click the DCApp.exe program file, select Properties and switch to the Compatibility tab: check off the options to run as administrator and disable display scaling on high DPI settings, and maybe try different compatibility modes, to see if that will avoid the freeze in fullscreen display mode.

This is a little random, but you can try the 4GB Patch to increase the amount of virtual memory that the game (or any 32 bit application) can access in 64 bit versions of Windows, to see if that make a difference.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Issh, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard