#603933 23/05/17 03:25 PM
D
Daisame Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Good Day,

I recently purchased this game as I saw some recent coverage of it and it looked awesome. I have not been disappointed.. with the exception of some issues saving games.

Sometimes it works, but it usually gives an error. Even with the error it still appears to have worked. Then there are other times it fails outright. I have been unable to get it to fail outright in some time so I do not have screenshots of that much longer error message.

This is the one I cam getting most of the time.

FileSystem error
Failed to remove dir: D:/Amazon Drive/Documents/Larian Studios/Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition/Temp/QuickSave_0

Yes, my documents folder is in an Amazon Drive cloud backup.

I read some previous posts about this most likely being related to AV software. I use BitDefender. I tried adding all the executable files to the trusted apps and added the folder to exclude it from real time malware protection. Neither approach appears to work. I play a lot of Steam and PC games and they often would fail for BitDefender the first time, but once added as trusted, then would be fine. This game did not even come up on the BitDefender warning prompt, like other games do. This one just seems to fail and not sure why.

Would like to continue playing this game, but at this time it is almost unplayable. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Support
Support

I assume the Amazon Drive uses a program to sync files in real time? If so, try exiting out of it.

Try creating a new Windows administrator user account, with the default My Documents location, switch to that account and try starting the game from there, directly from the executable. If that still gives an error, the Amazon Drive isn't part of the problem.

Try doing a clean boot and then test the game (in the new account or your existing one). Click Start, or hit WinKey-R, type in msconfig and hit enter; in the General tab, click Selective Startup, uncheck Load startup items (if required) and leave Load system services and Use original boot configuration options checked. Next, Click on the Services tab, check the box to Hide all Microsoft services, then click the Disable All button (maybe make a note of which are currently enabled/disabled), then click OK and reboot the computer.
Run msconfig again to switch back to the normal boot configuration.

D
Daisame Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Well disabling Amazon drive fixed it. Thanks for your help. I would not have suspected that would be the issue. I guess the only way to change the default save directory is creating a new user account which would create a new "documents" folder, one that I can omit from the sync process. Maybe I can omit that folder from Aamazon and it would work as well. Some stuff to try anyway.

Support
Support

If you can exclude the folder from Amazon's syncing, that would probably be the easiest solution.

If you create a new Windows user account, with a My Documents folder in a different location, it is possible to play the game from your main account as the new one (or a current 'guest' user, etc).
Exit the Steam client (if necessary), then hold Shift and right click the Steam shortcut and select 'Run as different user'. You will then be prompted for a user name and password (you'll need to have set a password for the other account). After that, when you run the game it will save to the My Documents folder for the other account, and so should bypass the errors.
You can exit Steam and restart to play other games, that also save to My Documents, so you don't split the saves between your current user account and the alternate one.

Alternately, you can create a shortcut to the '..\SteamApps\common\Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition\Shipping\EoCApp.exe' program file (right click drag and drop it to the desktop, and select that option from the menu that pops up), to do this with. The game will be able to connect to Steam if it is running to make Steamworks functions available (multiplayer lobby and invite functions, cloud saves).

I don't know if that would be less hassle than just disabling Amazon drive before playing, though.

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard