Hello again world, I decided to continue on my companion preset review series. This time we will be covering Sebile, owner of the strongest racial in game.

Unlike my previous post,I will try something different - I will only write my in depth opinions on the presets and mark them as spoilers.

I do this to make it easier to scroll through this reading material - you just reveal the review of the preset you are interested in and that is that.

1) Warfare based presets

a) Fighter

For those willing to take risks Sebile can be a very unique build for a tank, because of the weapon sets toward which she has an advantage, namely dagger+shield and all forms of dual wielding.

On the other hand, the starting skills are terrible for the stats you are given,they are very defensive,while your role and stats as a fighter encourage you to be very agresive in combat.

Dagger+shield is the best weapon selection for this preset because it enables you to use all scoundrel spells and maintain high survivability in combat :
* you can regenerate both physical and magical armor
* you can charge safely in elemental hazardous areas
* you can use the throwing knife skill which is both a powerfull finisher and harasment tool.
* battlestomp is a good ability for Sebile to have as a fighter because it's a ranged ability that draws power from your weapon's attribute and serves as both a crowd control and harassment ability
* fortify is also a good ability to receive for free because it protects you from teleportation spells cast by enemy human players and is something you can cast to restore some physical armor in combat.
* the +1 in strenght make's it easier for Sebile to transition towards dual wielding str based melee weapons

Dual wielding str based weapons takes away survivability and spell access while dual wielding trades just the survivability.

Overall this preset can provide players with a unique nieche to toy around, but requires you to spend lots of money for skillbooks just to gain a tank that is inferior to his dwarven and human counterparts.

b) Inquisitor

Unlike the fighter preset, the Inquisitor helps Sebile to transition faster towards the role of a Battlemage with the free +2 int at the cost of making str based melee weapons deal less damage than other variants of Sebile and other companions.

The starting skills are better suited for a front line fighter because they are more aggresive in nature than those from the fighter preset and offers great potential for growth as either a front line fighter or a front line crowd controler.

Overall,I believe that the Inquisitor preset is a solid choice for Sebile,but not for the purpose of shreding magical armor by using warfare skills in conjunction with a staff,but by spreading carnage using conventional melee weapons in tandem with devastating spells.

c) Knight

This is the best preset to chose for Sebile if your party needs someone to burst down opponents with lots of physical armor.

This preset strongly favors the use of both two handed weapons and dual wielding melee weapons, while leaving room for interesting tech options, such as Chloroform, Cloak and dagger and Adrenaline Rush.

The only downsides to this preset are very minor and come in the form of having access to the Rage skill without the means of disengaging from combat and the +1 in the use of two handed weaponry which makes dual wielding less appealing versus the option of hot keying a bow on your skill tab and taking some huntsman skills.

d) Battlemage

Stat wise this is a very balanced preset coupled with a fairly decent skill set up that favours the use of shields and melee weapons over dual wielding, but make's it easier for Sebile to specialize in the use of dual wielding str based weapons and casting spells.

The main downside to this preset is that it will lag behind in terms of power levels when compared to the Red Prince and the Beast, but , stat wise will remain on the same power levels with the pair of human companions.

2) Finesse based presets

a) Rogue

I put Sebile as a rogue on the same power levels with Loshe and Ifan but is not as proficient as stealing stuff than the Red Prince equiped with this preset.

This preset also has anti synergy with the corpse eater racial because of the corpse piece that gives Adrenaline Rush.

b) Shadowblade

A better choice for Sebile if you want a mixed damage dealer but, I believe that it remains a weaker choice for a front line damage dealer in comparison with the warfare based presets.

While dagger based spells offer great utility they do come at the cost of Sebile's damage output versus physical armor by using melee weapons and having free warfare spells is a greater boon than having free scoundrel spells, because warfare spells do not lock you within a specific weapon loadout.

c) Ranger and Wayfarer

Once again,I put ranger and wayfarer within the same section because they are a great adition to any party but past level 2 they can become hard to diferentiate.

The reason I say this is because for the purpose of being damage effective having huntsman, geomancy and pyromancy is the most damage eficient combination for a backrow damage dealer.

In terms of effective power levels Sebile is on par with Ifan but inferior to the Red Prince,Loshe and the Beast (dwarven companion).

While Loshe and Ifan are both human, their origin source skill is the sole factor that diferentiates them, Loshe is inferior to Ifan as a ranger/wayfarer because within the backrow you have less oportunities of making use of Madening Song.

3) Spellcasters

a)Wizzard,Enchanter and Witch

By using any of these presets, the amount of utility Sebile can bring to a party as a mixed damage dealer is insane and her racial,corpse eater is a huge factor here.

Corpse eater enables Sebile to learn good utility spells early on without having to invest skillpoints in the relevant skill schools for those skills.

By level 4 she can gain 1 point in huntsman to get Elemental Archer,which allows here to damage both armor types whilist siting on an elemental surface that doesn't deal damage to her.

b) Conjurer

As a conjurer,Sebile is prety decent, but subpar when compared to the great trinity of spellcasters (wizzard,witch and enchanter). Her stats are not as messed up to the point that she is unplayable and her starting skills are not terrible either.

Sebile's wits will strongly determine what kind of summoner she will be and what will be her best secondary skill lines.

Low wits conjurers will probably want to divert points into Huntsman and Necromancy to gain more value from using their bows to deal damage.

High wits conjurers will probably want to divert points into Geomancy and Hydrosophist so that they can prevent damage with Frost Armour,Fortify and healing spells and by placing their summons in a position where the enemy AI will be forced to damage them over your party members.

4) Hibrids

a)Cleric

As a cleric,Sebile is terrible. Her stats are all a mess, her default weapon load out does not suit here one bit and decaying touch requires here to be within melee range. Outperformed by the Red Prince equiped with this preset, despite the fact that the talent choice can be made usefull.

b) Metamorph

Arguably a better choice than the knight for the purpose of creating a front line fighter. Has the same pro's and cons in regards to customization as the knight preset, however Bull Rush can be seen as a direct upgrade to Battering Ram because it can be used while equiped with a bow, for great mobility and harass potential.