Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
... just to clarify, hopefully this image demonstrates what I mean. My character is stood near the bottom of the stairs on the footprints and has just dropped the pyramid on the floor in front of her; to the right of the screenshot you can see where she's about to throw it. It takes a bit of wiggling about to find a spot where it doesn't say "blocked" but it's possible.

[Linked Image]

J'aime le fromage.
LordCrash #584270 21/08/16 03:54 AM
L
stranger
stranger
L
SOLVED:

put blue pyramid stone into any empty chest. Teleport chest as far as possible over the stairs (using Teleportation spell or scroll) and then use the other pyramid to teleport whole party there next to the chest.

That's it :-)

Last edited by Lukas Krupa; 21/08/16 03:55 AM.
K
stranger
stranger
K
Just adding this for anyone who doesn't have character with high telekinesis ( like me ), there is an alt way to do it. It requires two characters to complete, and that one of your characters has the spell teleport and the "Far out man" talent. Just stand both characters in the same place as shown for the pyramid way, but use the teleport spell to send the other to the location above the stairs. I had to send them as far as I could before it worked. Got the Meteorstrike spell book, charm arrow, and legendary boots and a wand. Good luck!

Last edited by kazRium; 30/09/16 03:54 PM.
V
stranger
stranger
V
Figured it out in 5 seconds.

Method 1, Teleportation:
http://i.imgur.com/HX6NDAm.jpg

Method 2, Cloak and Dagger:
http://i.imgur.com/HkCV2GP.jpg

P
stranger
stranger
P
Here is a trick if your perception is not high enough to see how to get through the Knight's Tomb.

Summon the Undead Warrior.

For some reason, he can see all the footprints.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Teleportation worked for me. I just had my wizard teleport one of my other characters and that seemed to work just fine. I had tried Cloak and Dagger as well but that didn't seem to work. I think my Wizard's spell reach was a little farther due to the perk I picked so maybe that's it, but the Cloak and Dagger did seem like it would go farther than the images above about using the pyramids.

C
Bugfinder General
Bugfinder General
C
Any summons will see the path, I believe.

Support
Support

Earth summons also tend to have good perception.

K
stranger
stranger
K
And for the another way of getting inside: Has anyone of you tried the ressurection scroll or spell? Just let one character die on the impenetrable wall as close to the stairs as you can and revive him afterwards. The revive range varies, but the Teleport after revive is 10 meters set - you can easily teleport him up the stairs. It worked well for me and probably the easiest way which costs just one ressurect scroll.

N
stranger
stranger
N
This is what I did:

Getting past the initial gate to get in the knight's tomb is easy, just send someone through w/ teleport and then use the pyramids to bring everyone else through.

If you have to fight the knights, distance yourself as much as possible, as one hit is an insta-kill. Get a ranger to use charm arrows, or someone who knows rapture or has love grenades to charm them, so they fight each other until it's down to the last one, and then use something that freezes them (arrows seem to work best) and hit them w/ ranged attacks.

For getting around, I used a combo of the resurrection skill and the pyramids. It was tedious but it worked quite well. I didn't have any good perception and I honestly didn't think to just toss the pyramid up the stairs. So if you're having trouble with that: Have one guy be a guinea pig, and attempt to find the right path. Have another who knows the resurrection skill teleport via pyramid every handful of feet, making sure to stay within the perimeter of the resurrect skill, if you get out of range you're sol, and you'll have to start again.

When your guinea pig inevitably gets smote, resurrect him as far as you can drop. usually, even if you resurrect in an area that would have killed him, for some reason it won't strike if you resurrect (but it will if you use the regular teleport skill. idk why. weird). You can easily get up the stairs this way.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard