Next Thread
Print Thread
F
Fnord Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
This is really getting on my nerves, the NPC chatter. They constantly keep repeating the exact same voice lines, over and over and over again. The text does not even have time to disappear from the screen from the last time they said something before they say something again. It's so bad that whenever I'm in a city, I feel the need to some secluded area before I even open my inventory, and if there's a chatty NPC nearby during combat, well I just mute all sound because they're so annoying (but combat without sound is really bland bland...).

So is there some way to cut down the NPC chatter considerably? I feel like hearing the exact same voice lines over and over and over and over again is nearly game breaking at this point, and I've ended up just getting so annoyed with them that I've alt+F4 out of the game at points if combat starts when I'm near a chatty NPC simply because I can't take it. Increasing the time between NPC chatter by say 1000% (so 10 times as long between them talking) would be appropriate, although it might, for some NPCs, still be too often (like the guys near the ship right at the start...)

I hope OS2 does not have that problem, because if it does, I'll actually regret backing the kickstarter...

A
addict
addict
A
You can try my mod, if you want: QuietDayOnTheMarket (Nexusmods)

It significantly reduces the chatter of all NPCs in the game.

My mods for DOS 1 EE: FasterAnimations - QuietDay - Samaritan
F
Fnord Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
Thanks, will do! Hopefully this will make the game a lot more bearable. Because good grief, I can't see anyone could actually think it's a good idea to have NPCs repeat the same voice lines this often.

*edit* There still seems to be NPCs that just won't shut up. I'm in the
cathedral
right now, and the
Sacrificial victims keep repeating that the madman is going to bleed them like hogs
constantly. Gnh, this is so annoying, I actually ended up quitting my gaming session because of it.

Last edited by Fnord; 04/06/17 12:56 PM.
L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
You could turn down the "Voice" slider down to zero in in Options>Audio

A
addict
addict
A
There still seems to be NPCs that just won't shut up.

Not surprising that I missed a few (edited more than 100 NPCs). I'll update the mod soon. Thanks for the information!
I'd follow lx07 suggestion for these parts of the game though. Would be a pity to stop playing because of this.

My mods for DOS 1 EE: FasterAnimations - QuietDay - Samaritan

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard