Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Hey new to the forums but I really like the game so I'll be sticking around. I'm using my phone as I don't currently have a laptop and the text appears to be bold, sorry if it comes out that way it doesn't seem to be anyway around it.

Loving the game, first turn based RPG and never could get into those classics like baulders gate because I didn't understand the D+D rules but those games always appealed to me. .

Finally this comes out and the Devs got it so right, it's a classic and I am only a couple hours in. I've been taking my time taking it all in but when it comes to leveling I am struggling. I don't want to mess up my character and have to start again as I don't really have that much free time and when I do I just want to play.

TL;DR
New to the game and looking for straight up leveling direction. If not level by level then milestones to aim for every 5 levels etc. All aspects of leveling too if that's possible, the community has been amazing so far and if I had a laptop I would Google my question a and read more than the vast amount I already have but I don't and it's raining on my experience tbh.

Anastazia + Ragnar are my main accounts, stat pics here.
Hyperlinks appear to be broke? Here's the plain URL, sorry it never worked. Could be my phone.
https://imgur.com/gallery/xba1L

Last edited by vometia; 08/05/17 12:59 PM. Reason: formatting
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by SashaGreyTho
Hyperlinks appear to be broke? Here's the plain URL, sorry it never worked. Could be my phone.

It's a new user thing to frustrate spammers. I've moved you into the regular users' group now.

Oh, and hello and welcome and stuff, before I forget. biggrin

J'aime le fromage.
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Oh that's wassup? Cool. Thanks man. Wish this was more active though.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by SashaGreyTho
Oh that's wassup? Cool. Thanks man. Wish this was more active though.

True, it's quite a small, quiet forum, and I think most people are more interested in the upcoming D:OS2 right now!

J'aime le fromage.
Support
Support

The Steam discussion are a little more active.

I'm not sure how readable these would be on a phone, but:

Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition Character/Party Guide

Tactician/EE/Advanced Guide (you really don't have to min/max as much as this guide suggests, especially if playing on Explorer or Classic difficulty)

E
E
It is really hard to screw up. There are lots of ways to play, all perfectly valid on non-hardcore. A couple minor things that are sort of OP.

Have over 100% resistance to an element to be healed by it. So if you have 100+ fire resistance, and you get hit by your mages fireball, you get healed. this is PARTICULARLY handy for poison, and fire.

Wands are horribly over powered. If you dual wield them with dual wield 5 they take 3 ap to take two shots. They gain the bonus from the Bully talent. You can put a few points into the wand skill too if you like, but it is not necessary.

Lastly, avoid putting too many points into crafting on your real character. Choose one of the story characters you don't want to use, add them to your party, then send them packing. Whenever they rejoin your party they will auto level up, and you can give them crafting skills. It is worth it, the items made with level 5 crafting / smithing are some of the most powerful in the game. I did write a tool for the crafting, www.irodemine.com/divinitycraft.

Summons are very very powerful. Particularly early game. The easiest to obtain is the wolf from the first tier crafted earth wand, or the spider from the first tier warlock spells.

Again, you can't really screw it up. Look for synergy that you find fun.

Link Copied to Clipboard