Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
K
Kuritzo Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
Playing a game recently with a friend, we noticed that exp was not shared in many cases, certain dialogue exp and quests. I see this could be relevant for competitive questing, but gets really irritating fast if you simply want to do a co-op game with a friend, and your friend is now two levels above you just a couple hours in. Can we get something like an option of having full shared experience during multiplayer?

R
stranger
stranger
R
I would like to second this request. My partner does not like to compete, so we've found it difficult for her to advance as quickly as I do. At least the option of fully sharing experience between the party would be much appreciated.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Tried to do withermoore quest with a friend today, both had 2 members in their party.
Only one person's two characters got the 1,4k exp for breaking the jar.
The other player got nothing even though they had the same progress on the quest in their log (with "Share Journal" option ticked.
If not fully shared exp, at least let the "Shared Journal" also actually share the quest / dialogue progress and not just the text.
Also, "Shared Journal" defaults to unticked every time you reboot the game.

E
stranger
stranger
E
Yeah this current XP system works, but only if there is only two of you and you are playing in different teams. In any other case it bugs too easily and is a pain to fight with.

Edit: It happened again when leaving the fort trough severs. Only the first party that left got the xp. Seriosly, we need global xp share and full quest share as an option.

Last edited by Equardos; 25/06/17 09:58 AM. Reason: More problems
J
stranger
stranger
J
Shared XP, absolutely yes, please.

L
stranger
stranger
L
Agreed, this does not feel like the co-op teamwork feel that D:OS1 had and it is frustrating because my friend and I didn't know this at first and we really don't like it. Share Journal should be default as most people play this as a team, my friend and I often go different ways sometimes to explore but will meet up for dialogues with people when we think there's a quest (what we did in D:OS1 so we didn't miss trait choices, I actually miss that mechanic though and the interaction between characters).

This current system feels more like an MMORPG setting where you just quest at your own pace and play by yourself, not on a team trying to do everything together, it feels very lonely and/or separate, in my opinion. Would love to go back to the 2 man brothers in arms that D:OS1 was... just felt like more of a team effort. At the moment, because he reads faster or gets around places faster than I naturally do, I feel like I'm getting left behind and he doesn't like that either, he used to be able to just do the talking for the two of us and now he has to wait for me to get there or catch up and now he's accidentally/unintentionally leaving me behind.

I think it's fine for solo play as you can't really leave anyone behind there but for group play it makes it feel very weird, when my friend and I worked out we weren't sharing the same journal and weren't getting experience at the same time we were very confused and wondered why anyone would do an RPG like this in that way. Kind of makes you not feel like a real party think

Last edited by LokiGoC; 25/06/17 12:48 PM.
D
stranger
stranger
D
Please make this happen. If you are playing with friends you don't want to have to worry about accidentally triggering a +exp for just yourself and then having to reset - or worse, having everyone log out so you can control all characters to get a big amount of exp that otherwise seems impossible to share (leaving fort joy for example). This worked perfectly in DOS 1, and should be an option in DOS 2.

R
stranger
stranger
R
I don't have a lot to add since the general consensus is pretty close to how I feel about it and I see it's already on Larian's radar, but I still wanted to give my vote and say that I'd like fully shared xp as well.

I play these games exclusively with friends so it's never desirable for us to want personal quest rewards, even (or especially) for situations where one of us kills an enemy while away from the party. It's a little cumbersome having to call for everyone to join you before you finish off a trivial mob or turn in a quest to make sure they don't miss out on the xp.

old hand
old hand
/signed

DOS2 Mods: Happily Emmie After and The Noisy Crypt

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
old hand
old hand
+1 to full-shared XP option. It's annoying that I feel like we have to stay as a group in a game that promotes freedom to split up, even if we're 100% cooperative.

If a full-shared XP option is hard to implement, something like an option for every character leveling up when one levels up would be nice too. This isn't the best either, since you can still split XP up and level up slower, but it would help.

L
stranger
stranger
L
Just wanna submit an extra vote on fully shared exp. as default because at the moment my friend and I are a good distance into a play-through and we have made sure to always have shared journal ticked, always be at the same conversations, always both talk to NPC's and even despite all our efforts, somehow we are 4000 exp. apart. We have no idea how, this gap is growing from 2000 at one point, to be 4000 now, and we have done all we can to make sure we got all the same exp., gains and rewards, and we are just totally confused.

The fact that we don't even know what we missed says to me it's not very obvious what are quests or when we gain xp or where we gained it from and I suggest if there is no full shared xp to be added you need to at least make it more obvious where the xp comes from so we can at least work out how to catch up the players that are being left behind for totally unknown or non-obvious reasons.

As it stands I have no idea where to get this extra xp from now and my character is behind him on leveling up, meaning some fights I'm weaker and unless we never miss xp again either one of us could end up behind in the future. By the way this has gone my character will be weaker by end game because he has missed out on crucial xp that he either can't get again or I don't know where the missing xp would come from. Please fix this major issue.

F
journeyman
journeyman
F
Yes definitely shared exp please. Or my future playthrough with my friends will be a lot of arguing and reloading lol

N
old hand
old hand
N
Shared XP (and frankly quests except your starting one) by default is also a HUGE +1 for me.

If I am playing Co-op I am playing it, unthinkable as it may be, for CO-OP...

The whole point of the "Competitive Questing" is that you do not have to come to the same conclusion. Not so you can be directly antagonistic towards eachother.

Actually diminishing the exp gains of your allies directly harms you.

S
stranger
stranger
S
I'd also like to vote for this. We played a full run in 2player coop and ended up almost 12,000 XP apart from each other at the end although we specifically played so that we each speak to all the quest NPCs. Did not help.

D
stranger
stranger
D
+1 for Shared exp without it having a Face/Diplomat for the party also loses meaning who can haggle through situations better. You never know when a situation requires a character who can reason with the angry mob and if you keep splitting up the talking to balance the xp losses, it can turn into unintentional murderfests.

addict
addict
+1 for it as well. Definitely needed, even if they are "personal quests" for origin characters.

G
stranger
stranger
G
Hear, hear!

A friend and I have only recently started playing D:OS. Just finished the first and now onto the second. Not enjoying this split exp stuff. Only at level 3 but hes already 2600 exp behind. Even if there could be an option when setting up a game to have 'co-op' or 'competitive' exp so we have a choice. It's kind of ruined it for us thus far :(

H
stranger
stranger
H
I want shared as well, otherwise it starts to feel competetive, competing for the xp and levels.

G
journeyman
journeyman
G
I've been doing this all alone, so I didn't get to test this. The co-op experience of OS1 was something very special, and it should be in this one too. If XP sharing is wonky, it's going to make the whole thing feel wonky. A full group playthrough has been basically advertised since before the kickstarter and you're going to get a lot of people hoping to do that.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Even as someone who strictly solos all their games, I hope for other people's sake that this becomes a thing; I can see it's so often going to be a problem that so many teams will have "that guy" who steams in at the last second to take all the exp, which I think I would quickly find very irritating.

J'aime le fromage.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard