Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
I just bought the game. I'm trying to play with a friend who is very far away. So, we're connecting through the internet. I set up a multiplayer game, created our characters and turned on direct connecting. She used the code I sent her (Directly copied from the game, no errors in the code). Every time she does this my game crashes. "Divinity: Original Sin has stopped working." Why is this happening? I'm dying to play this game with her and I have no idea why I crash every single time she tried to connect. What's the problem here?

Support
Support

Did your friend try hosting a game?

If you are both using the Steam version, or both GOG, did you try connecting via the online lobby feature, or by invitation?

Are you shutting down all non-essential programs before starting the game, especially anti-virus and anything network related?

Try verifying local files: in the Steam library, right click on Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition and select Properties, switch to the Local Files tab and then click on the 'Verify Integrity of Game Cache...' button.
With the GOG version, in the (optional) Galaxy client, select Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition in the left column, then click on the More button, and in the Manage menu select 'Verify / Repair'.

Double check that you both have the same version of the game (shown in the main menu).

If you check the Event Viewer, does that give an error code or 'Faulting Module' file name that might help identify the cause of the crash?
- click Start (or WinKey-R), then type "event viewer" into the search box. in Windows 10, 'event' should bring up 'View event logs'.
- after starting the Event Viewer, expand 'Windows Logs' in the left column and select 'Application'
- in the center column, look for a recent error (maybe sort by Date and Time) for the game
- check the information under the 'General' tab below the list of events, starting with "Faulting application name..."

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard