Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Z
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Z
I once played the original Ego Draconis many years ago. Unlike the Dragon Knight Saga, it followed a very simple, very effective LOGIC. The final boss, Lucian, was the toughest...

This is my very first playthrough of Divinity 2: The Dragon Knight Saga, and even though the difficulty setting wasn't beefed up, I had some rather tough boss fights. Everything was fine. It was challenging and fun... until I fought Ba'al and reached the Hall of Echoes.

I remember vaguely in Ego Draconis that the Black Ring femme fatale Kali was the toughest boss outside of Lucian. I had a particularly easy time killing Ba'al with whatever tactic I cooked up on the spot. But here in DKS, Ba'al was tougher than Lucian, and Marius, THE FIRST ENEMY IN THE DEAD-PEOPLE-ARENA, PUT UP A BETTER FIGHT THAN THE COMBINED FORCES OF LUCIAN, ZANDALOR, AND HIS DIVINE ORDER KNIGHTS.

What the hell... The only one tougher to beat than Marius was Ba'al, and Ba'al was tougher than Lucian. I managed to tank Lucian's assault while Ba'al literally one-shotted me multiple times with his Magic Blast. Keep in mind this... Despite the fact that I put zero points on my vitality, my health bar was over 900 points because of my equipment. Plus, my intelligence was nearly maxed out, which means my magic resistance is sky-high. Despite that, Ba'al's magic attack, Magic Blast, could nearly one-shot me. When I fought Ba'al (in Broken Valley), I had to resort to the classic, hide-behind-your-summon strategy and picked off his minions one by one. Not a bad thing, really. It's logical for Ba'al to be strong, and it is fun to be forced to think strategically. But this was such a big surprise to me. I never experienced this in Ego Draconis.

I just find it weird that Lucian was weaker than that bum Marius (in the Hall of Echoes).

Any thoughts about my ranting?

Support
Support

There is a known (rare) issue where bosses can have a fast, overpowered attack (Ba'al. The Impossible foe?), most commonly with Ba'al, Laiken or the flying fortress generals.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard