Next Thread
Print Thread
#606207 10/07/17 03:48 PM
F
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
I have been enjoying this game immensely and haven't had any issues with the game technically except for saved games not appearing on load screen.

I have read the multiple troubleshooting guides and created new profiles and saved the game to see if they work and they do. But when I import my 63hr+ saved game it will not load/showup in the new profile. I have tried renaming profiles and using the moose editor to try and recompile but nothing seems to work. The first time this happend I believed it to be related to the Cloud sync issue mentioned in other posts and disabled all the cloud saving options and hadn't had an issue again until now on the same play through.

I haven't seen any newer posts on this issue for PC but was wondering if there is something else I can try to fix this save? Thanks in advance.

Support
Support

D:OS Classic saves are not compatible with the Enhanced Edition, and each release of the game has separate profile and save folders.

If the editor could read the saves they must be from D:OS Classic, so you would need to run that version of the game to continue playing.
Each save is a folder in the '..\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin\PlayerProfiles\<ProfileName>\Savegames' folder. Make sure the folder name and file name are the same, and the save is in the correct location.
For example, the following would not show up in the game:
..\PlayerProfiles\ProfileName\Savegames\Copy of SaveName\SaveName.lsv
..\PlayerProfiles\ProfileName\Savegames\SaveName\SaveName\SaveName.lsv

F
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
Sorry for the late reply I have not been able to try anything new.

The saved game was an enhanced edition save from the start. I could not get the editor to load any of the saved files sorry if I explained it poorly.

The saved game shows up in:

..\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition\PlayerProfiles\Frost\Savegames_patch\Phantom Forest - 63h44m.

It has both a screenshot and an .lsv the same as the autosave does 3 hours prior. But the Phantom forest save does not show up in the game under my profile or any newly created ones.

C
Bugfinder General
Bugfinder General
C
Did you switch from non-administrator to administrator? I've had this happen with some past games - the original saves won't come up after switching to administrator.

Support
Support

What editor? There was a save editor for D:OS Classic, but it was not updated for the Enhanced Edition.

There is an EE pak extractor (latest version download), which should be able to read and extract the save.
After downloading, extracting and starting the program, switch to the 'PAK / LSV Tools' tab, in the 'Package path' browse to the 'Phantom Forest - 63h44m.lsv' file, then for the 'Extraction / source path' browse to that or another profile's savegames_patch folder and enter a new folder for the extracted files (you can copy/paste the path from the path listed above and edit it; ie to be '..\savegames_patch\extracted_save') and click the 'Extract Package' button. If that gives an error, very likely the save itself is corrupt.

An easier test (though not necessarily definitive) would be to right click the .lsv file and select 'Send To | Compressed (zipped) Folder'. Then check if the resulting file size is about the same as the lsv file, or significantly smaller. The lsv files are already compressed, so if they are much smaller when zipped, it likely means the files themselves are corrupt, and some or all of the data was zeroed out (so the game can not read the header information, so does not recognize them as saves).
It is certainly possible limited corruption could prevent the save from being recognized, but this will identify a lot of corruption issues.

F
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
Thank you for the response, I downloaded the EE pak extractor and ran it but got a system.IO error when attempting to extract it to the extracted_save folder I made. I tried your other test as well and it ended up compressing the .lsv from 8mb down to 2.99mb so my best guess at this point is that it is just plain corrupted. Unless you have any other Ideas that I might be able to do to restore the header I will just have to play an older save and make multiple saved games to avoid corruption. Appreciate your help and responses.

Support
Support

Unfortunately, with the majority of the save data missing, even if there was a way to fix the header so the game would recognize the save, it would not be able to load it.

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard