Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
Bugfinder General
OP Offline
Bugfinder General
C
In the cave south of the imp village (small mushroom forest?). Picked up both evil looking statues, killed the liche, read the warning about not trusting your eyes. In the next room where the exit door is to the south. Every time I click to move, it crashes. Suggestions?

EDIT: More info: it's also happening on another saved game (original = warrior/ranger; second warrior/survivor). It apparently isn't dependent on location and nothing has changed on my computer.

Last edited by caninelegion; 19/07/17 08:32 AM.
Support
Support

Is a character encumbered? If you switch leaders, can you move?

A couple people reported a problem with crashing when trying to move when encumbered, which I could reproduce in specific circumstances:
If the hero is leader and I open the inventory, switch to the DK and drop item's onto the hero's portrait until he becomes overloaded, trying to move after that will crash the game. If I switch the DK to leader first, open the inventory, drop items on the hero's portrait until overloaded, then everything is fine and he just can not move (as intended).

If that is the problem, offloading junk to sell (and excess food and trap/alchemy material) onto a summoning doll should help. The act 1 doll can use a crossbow, so doesn't need to be able to move, if summoned away from direct combat.

I also tried this in a new game, using a chest and a couple barrels dropped onto portraits. Dropping onto the follow's portrait was fine, the leader would crash trying to move (directly from the ground, or from the follower's inventory). The disk version was fine either way.

C
Bugfinder General
OP Offline
Bugfinder General
C
Unfortunately, the only character overloaded is my skeleton doll. We're repeating each other on two sites; I'll refrain from using the GOG site until an answer is found.

C
Bugfinder General
OP Offline
Bugfinder General
C
Based on what you said, I tried something and, so far, it seems to work. I unsummoned the skeleton. I'll try that with the other one following.

Edit: worked in both!

Last edited by caninelegion; 19/07/17 09:59 AM.
Support
Support

In that case, unselecting the summon from the group may help, as well (since they are not going to move when encumbered, anyway).

In act 3, after exploring around town and checking out the architecture, I left a summon standing indoors (so the roofs would not be displayed), while I ran around with the main characters.

C
Bugfinder General
OP Offline
Bugfinder General
C
I didn't know an unselect was possible. I tried selecting just two by using the <CNTRL> key but that isn't the way. Right click didn't seem to do it (closes the window as I recall).

Support
Support

The dolls are not selected by default when summoned. Now that you mention it, I don't think you can individually unselect a character in the group, just select the lead character again and Shift click to add specific followers.

C
Bugfinder General
OP Offline
Bugfinder General
C
Shift! I never would have guessed that. Now I can stop moving characters one at a time when dolls are present. Thanks!

C
Bugfinder General
OP Offline
Bugfinder General
C
This isn't worth a new thread: if one finds, say, a level 2 key, does that mean level 1 and 2 are available because ---- that just happened to me. One key, two dungeons unlocked.

Support
Support

Yes. If you found the level 3 key first, it would have opened the first 3 dungeons.

C
Bugfinder General
OP Offline
Bugfinder General
C
Interesting; I tend to blunder my own way through so am very likely not to find the keys in order. This simplifies matters.

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard