Next Thread
Print Thread
#606438 17/07/17 06:47 PM
A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
I'm so confused. Almost none of the individual enemy changes I make in character.txt are working except for some global stuff under hardcorenpc. I've tried editing and primary stats, movement. For example. I tried editing _goblin and down to specific goblin characters to change some of their stats around but the only thing I've successfully changed was their resistances. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Last edited by ArcticPrism; 17/07/17 06:49 PM.
old hand
old hand
Can you give an example of a specific entry as you have it typed out that isn't working?

Are you using the proper format of scaled stats using numbers 1-10 and not the direct number?

Are you modding another mod or just modding the main campaign?

A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
new entry "Goblins_Tank_A"
type "Character"
using "_GoblinFighter"
data "Armor" "5"
data "Sight" "1"
data "PiercingResistance" "-25"
data "SlashingResistance" "50"
data "ShadowResistance" "50"
data "Blackrock" "1"
data "BodyBuilding" "1"
data "Willpower" "1"
data "Flags" "StunImmunity"
data "Talents" "AttackOfOpportunity"

I tried adding various amounts of extra vitality, 10-1000 just for test purposes, to this and other various Goblin related entries. I didn't see any change in stats. At some point I got really extreme and tried adding it to every entry. I also tried modifying armor but also no effect. I'm modding a mod. The Four Player Character Creation one to be precise. I used GR2 converter to extract and repack the files so I could be editing their character.txt. Out of desperation I tried editing weapon.txt to modify their stats since you can apply plenty of stat bonuses and penalties and had success.

old hand
old hand
I'll poke around it (my mod after all :P) when I get a chance.

But in the meantime you might try just using the mod extracted. If you put the extracted files where they go in the game directory you can just use it that way then you don't have to bother with paking it. Then unsubscribe/delete the .pak file of the mod.

Have you checked to make sure that you're actually looking at a "Goblins_Tank_A" and not a "Goblins_Tank_B" for example.

A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
I'll try the unpacked method since I haven't tried that yet. Thanks.

As I said, I tried editing literally every goblin entry and I didn't see any difference on any of them.

old hand
old hand
Okay one thing I suspected, and I think is the case, is that quite a lot of the Goblins don't actually use goblin entries.

I can't remember which goblins all there are in what locations, but I checked all the goblins in luculla and they were all using other entries except for a couple.

Do you have the editor installed and working? Or are you trying to just use the .txt files? If you don't want to use the editor, tell me which goblins or other enemies you are editing and I can tell you which character entry to edit.

Quite a few of the goblins use "Goblins_Special_Asleep" though. A number of the others use "LucullaS_LowExpSneaking_Warrior" and "LucullaS_LowExpSneaking_Ranger"

Since your changes in the hardcorenpc entry work, I'm quite sure you're files are working and that isn't the issue. So it's possibly just the illogical character entries larian used for shortcuts that's throwing the wrench in it for you.

Link Copied to Clipboard