Print Thread
#607453 13/08/17 08:18 PM
N
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
N
Hello,
I just purchased the game and can't get it to run. First it wouldn't let me create a profile. When I tried I would get a black screen, background music still running, but unable to do anything except pressing the power off button on my computer. This issue was solved by copying a Dummy profile I downloaded via a link provided by this forum.

Then the next issue appeared: I can access character creation but when I start the game I get a loading screen and a second later I'm back at the beginning with an error message that says: "Savegame load failed: error code 612".

I have tried setting the resolution back to default values, running"EoCapp" from the install directory as administrator, creating an exception in my security software (BitDefender), nothing works.

So far I've spent 3 hours trying to get a new game to run to no avail. Sorry to say this but that is seriously disappointing and not at all what I would expect from such an highly acclaimed game.

Support
Support

For BitDefender, did you add both the game and My Documents Larian Studios folder to the trusted app and directory section? Did you try exiting out of it completely, along with any other non-essential background programs?

Can you create a new profile ok?

Try verifying local files: in the Steam library, right click on Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition and select Properties, switch to the Local Files tab and then click on the 'Verify Integrity of Game Cache...' button.
With the GOG version, in the (optional) Galaxy client, select Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition in the left column, then click on the More button, and in the Manage menu select 'Verify / Repair'.

Try creating a new Windows administrator user account (possibly with the My Documents folder on a different drive, if available), switch to that account and try starting the game from there, directly from the executable.

Try doing a clean boot and then test the game. Click Start, or hit WinKey-R, type in msconfig and hit enter; in the General tab, click Selective Startup, uncheck Load startup items (if required) and leave Load system services and Use original boot configuration options checked. Next, click on the Services tab, check the box to Hide all Microsoft services, then click the Disable All button (maybe make a note of which are currently enabled/disabled), then click OK and reboot the computer.
Run msconfig again to switch back to the normal boot configuration.

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard