Next Thread
Print Thread
#607468 14/08/17 10:35 AM
C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
First of all, i would like to say that i have only recently played Divinity Original Sin and right from the start i could tell what an amazing game i have stumbled upon, so i wanted to express my appreciation.

Now... after going through most of the character development information i could find online and theory-crafting builds for the coming 2nd installment in the series, i realized there might be something missing.

My suggestion is this:

Weapon swap interface (same as Diablo 2 for example) that will have a distinct icon that can be dragged on the hotbar or it's very own special place near the hotbar. And of course weapon swapping should cost action point resource to activate.

Reason:

Let's take for example the rogue class. Since you would normally invest a considerable amount of attribute points into finesse, if and when you wish to branch out into another ability tree, one of the most obvious choices would be the ranger since it's also a fines based class.
The problem would be that you would need to switch from your daggers to a bow otherwise you will not be able to use the majority of your spells/skills... and doing this by opening your inventory and drag-and-dropping items in an already not-so-sorted-out inventory is not exactly optimal.

The same problem we have with any and all hybrid type classes, when going from a strength base weapon to an intelligence base weapon (since we invested in both), or even when playing a pure warrior/pure mage... switching from a heavy 2H into a 1h + shield or from dual wands into a staff.

I would also like to recommend creating a larger diversity gap between wands and staffs (if you haven't already)...

For example wands could be focused more on increasing auto-attack magic use with increased speed (multiple attacks) and on hit effects, while staffs could be more used to buff your own skills and spells with +magic damage/skill level/duration and so on.

S
S
Can't you drag weapons to the hotbar?

C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
Not if you go from a 2H into 2x 1h. If you press "I" and double-click multiple 1h wands for example, they never fill the second slot, they just keep exchanging between themselves, not to mention that you'll have to fill 3 quickslots on your hotbar to exchange from a 2h into 2x 1hs.

S
S
Then it is a very reasonable proposal. I consider spear and bow and I don't mind having a more convenient way to switch weapons with Q. It is quite a widespread feature in rpgs.

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard