Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Kowalth Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Greetings!
My problem is the following: I'm experiencing a Crash To Desktop everytime I try to read a Manuscript at the Cursed Abbey.

Location here: http://imgur.com/a/lWHkJ

I'd like to know if this is a known bug, or just I'm running with bad luck this time. If there's any fix for this, please, let me know.

Support
Support

It isn't a known bug. The contents of those shelves are random, so the manuscript can be ignored if you can not find a workaround (assuming that is the only place it crashes).

If you have the Steam version, try verifying local files: in the Steam library, right click on the game and select Properties, switch to the Local Files tab and then click on the 'Verify Integrity of Game Cache...' button.
With the GOG version, if you downloaded the installer (or Anthology version, etc) you can do a clean reinstall of the game. Copy, zip or move the savegame folder as a precaution, then uninstall, maybe reboot, shut down all non-essential programs, make sure everything except the savegames folder is removed from the install folder, then reinstall the game.

You could try lowering the game resolution, and see if that avoids the crash. I don't recall any non-startup crashes dependent on resolution, though.

Kowalth Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Yes, sir.
By lowering the resolution I could fix most of bugs, including an annoying sound bug where a random effect sounds like a scratched tape. Also the character moves a lot faster and smoother now.

Thanks for the advice!

Support
Support

For the random static noise, setting the game to run on a single core can also fix that.
One way to do so is to set it to run it in Win 9x compatibility mode (right click on the ..\SteamApps\common\divine_divinity\div.exe file, select Properties and switch to the Compatibility tab), or it can be done directly (start the game, Alt-Tab, right click on task bar and select Task Manager [Ctrl-Shift-Esc in Win7+], in the Processes tab, right click on div.exe and Set Affinity, then uncheck all but one core)

Sound issues?

Sound crackling

Occasional audio hitches in Divine Divinity

stranger
stranger
Considering the crashes upon reading manuscripts:

- What game version are you using? And on steam or from GoG?
- If this happens, you are likely to later run into the scrying room crash at the Council of Seven

For me this was fixed by temporarily lowering the games resolution to 800x600. Best keep it in mind.

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard